If you use organic fertilizers, nutrients, or other inputs in an irrigation or hydroponic system, you probably know about biofilm. It's the nasty slime that forms along lines and creates clogging. It's caused by nutrient particles and microbes in the products that are used to feed and protect plants. The fertilizers and nutrients provide a food source for the microbes and the cool water moves them all around the system. This sets the stage for continued growth and system-wide issues. When the system is turned off, the biofilm settles and forms clumps. When the system is turned back on, the process begins again, and with each cycle the clumps become bigger and the clogging is worse.
Up to now, clearing lines (and keeping them clear) of biofilm has been challenging. Chemical treatments are usually ineffective due to the thick and sludgy quality of the clogs - they simply cannot penetrate well enough to get the job done. Acid treatments kill the biofilm, but they also kill beneficial bacteria and can harm the plants, meaning they can only be used before planting and after harvest. Biofilm Buster Pro is the answer to your biofilm problems. It uses bio-enzymes to actively digest all the layers of biofilm and can be used without the need to flush your system. Biofilm Buster Pro can rid you of your slimy mess and restore your system to 100% capacity. In addition, because extended exposure is harmless to plants and equipment, it can be used regularly in preventative maintenance applications.
- An all-in one treatment for clearing and maintaining irrigation and hydroponic systems
- Compatible with both tank and injector application systems
- Also effective against non-biofilm deposits like scale
- Can be used at any time during the growing system
- Designed for use in all irrigation systems, including drip lines, tape and pipes
- Quickly and thoroughly cleans out hydroponic and nutrient water reservoir accumulations
- Long-lasting shelf life of 3 years
Find instructions for use with DOSATRON chemical injectors here.
ONLY USE NON-CHLORINATED WATER WITH BIOFILM BUSTER PRO.
- For serious clogs, set the injector ratio to 1:100.
- For maintenance and preventative treatments, set the ratio to 1:500.
- Run system until Biofilm Buster Pro is injected throughout the lines.
- Turn system off and allow Biofilm Buster Pro to sit in the lines for at least 8 hours.
- Turn system on and water plants as normal. Irrigation lines will be cleared of any build-up and clogs.
Biofilm Buster Pro can also be applied directly through a reservoir rather than an injector.
Avoid future clogs by using every 4-8 weeks (see above for ratio to be used).