Arber Bio Insecticide uses the killed cells of the Burkholderia spp. strain A396 (a fungal pathogen) and spent fermentation media to control a long list of targeted pests. This active ingredient has been used successfully in large-scale and commercial farming for many years, and now Arber brings it to your home and garden.
This biological insecticide works against target insects in multiple ways: It's toxic when ingested, it degrades insect exoskeletons, and it interferes with the molting process. Although any one of these actions could prove fatal, the combination of them all is overwhelming for even the toughest of insects. An additional benefit to these modes of action is that they reduce the risk of target insects developing resistance.
- To minimize potential exposure to bees and other pollinating insects, do not apply while bees are foraging.
- Can be used on vegetables, fruits, nuts, ornamental plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, foliage and tropical plants.
- Controls foliar pests and suppresses soil-dwelling pests, pests of turf and plant parasitic nematodes.
Shop All Arber Plant Wellness Products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
Controls or suppresses the following:
Alfalfa caterpillar, Alfalfa webworm, Adelgid, Aphids, Armyworms, Cabbage loopers, Chinch bugs, Codling Moth, Corn Earworm, Diamondback moth, Fruit flies, Hornworms, Imported Cabbage worms, Lace bugs, Leafrollers, Leafhopper, Light brown apple moth, Loopers, Mealybugs, Mites, Plant bugs, Plum curculio, Psyllids, Scale, Sharpshooters, Spittle bugs, Stink bugs, Tent caterpillars, Thrips, Tufted apple budworm, Webworms and Whiteflies.
FOR CONTROL OF FOLIAR PESTS
Use 2 tablespoons of Arber Bio Insecticide per gallon of water for all application methods.
Some pesticides can cause phytotoxic effects ranging from slight burning or browning of leaves to distorted leaves, fruit, flowers or stems. Damage symptoms may vary with the type of plant that has been treated. It is impossible to test all plant species for phytotoxicity. To assure that the plants to be treated are not sensitive to the treatment, apply a small amount of the product to a few leaves or the above ground portion of the plant and check back in 2-4 days for signs of phytotoxicity. Use product according to label directions.
WHEN TO USE –
- Apply if pest species are present but before populations are causing visible damage.
BEFORE YOU USE –
- Use only with pressurized hand-held sprayers, hose-end sprayers or spray trigger bottles.
- Do not allow spray to drift from application site.
- Do not allow spray mixture to stand overnight or for prolonged periods.
HOW TO USE WITH HAND-HELD SPRAYERS AND SPRAY TRIGGER BOTTLES –
- Fill sprayer or bottle with appropriate amount of water and concentrate.
- Mix the spray solution thoroughly.
- Keep the spray solution agitated during application.
HOW TO USE WITH HOSE-END SPRAYERS –
- Follow instructions from the hose-end sprayer manufacturer to determine how to fill, set dial, clean and disconnect from hose.
- Set dial on sprayer to deliver rate as directed below.
DIRECTIONS FOR SUPPRESSION OF SOIL-DWELLING PESTS (EXCLUDING TURF) –
- For suppression of seed maggots, wireworms, symphylans, cutworms, white grubs and plant-parasitic nematodes, apply Arber Bio Insecticide as a soil drench directly into the seed furrow.
- Mix at rate of 5 tablespoons per gallon of water and apply the mixture at the rate of 1 quart (32 fluid ounces) per 25 feet of row.
- For individual plants, such as tomatoes and peppers, apply the mixture as a soil drench at the rate of 4 fluid ounces per plant.
DIRECTIONS FOR SUPPRESSION OF TURF PESTS –
- For suppression of bluegrass billbug, annual bluegrass weevil, chinch bugs, armyworm, webworms, and cutworms
- Mix Arber Bio Insecticide at the rate of 5 tablespoons per gallon of water and apply to turf with a pressurized sprayer at the rate of 1 gallon per 250 square feet of turf.
- For control of bluegrass billbug, annual bluegrass weevil, chinch bugs, armyworm, webworms, and cutworms, it is not necessary to irrigate following application.
DIRECTIONS FOR SUPPRESSION OF PLANT-PARASITIC NEMATODES –
- Mix 5 tablespoons Arber Bio Insecticide per gallon of water and apply at the rate of 1 gallon per 250 square feet of turf.
- For best control, thoroughly irrigate following application to moisten the top inch of soil. There should be no more than ½ inch of thatch present at the time of application.
- Under dry conditions where thatch is present, pre-watering is recommended prior to application.
To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid runoff to water bodies or drainage systems.
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a cool, dry place.
Warning & Toxicities:
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS.
CAUTION: Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Heat-killed Burkholderia spp. strain A396 cells and spent fermentation media*.............94.46%
*Contains not less than 1,500 Beet Armyworm Killing Units (BAWKU)/mg. Note: The percent active ingredient does not indicate product performance and potency measurements are not federally standardized.