The V9 Tree Belt is a barrier control for Spongy Moth (formerly Gypsy Moth) caterpillars and other climbing pests. As they advance up a tree trunk, the insects will come into contact with the belt and receive a light shock that will repel them and cause them to fall to the ground. Once they are on the ground, you can either use a pesticide on them or just pick them up and drop them in a bucket of soapy water to finish them off.
- Non-lethal repellent action
- Uses no chemicals or poisons
- Can be used in all types of weather.
- Size of belt: 1¾" x 6 ft. long
- Battery NOT included - A 9-volt battery is required
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Caterpillars, Climbing Cutworms, Elm Leaf Beetles, Earwigs, Spongy moth (formerly Gypsy Moth) Tent caterpillars, Winter Moths and other climbing insects.
The V9 Tree Belt can be used in any weather condition. It does not get damaged by staying in the open air, direct sunlight, or light precipitation. However, excessive rain or snow may result in water accumulation around the belt, thus impacting the conductors in long term. Take steps to prevent the battery holder from being submerged in water or snow and periodically check for water entering the holder.
A video showing how to install the V9 Tree Belt can be found under the VIDEO tab.
HOW TO USE:
- Hold the roll and keep the screws provided in the box near you.
- Fix one end to the belt to the tree stem using 2 screws from the pack.
- The belt should be installed at least 2ft. above the ground before the branching of the tree.
- Wrap the belt around the tree stem.
- Try to avoid any gaps in the full circle of the wrap, but do not overlap the belt.
Connecting the Battery:
- Open the lid of the battery holder.
- Insert the 9V battery and close the lid.
- Be sure to close the battery holder properly after installation.
Fixing the End:
- At the end, the belt can be attached to the tree stem using the provided screws.
- Keep the endpoint as close to the belt as possible.
- If the belt is too long, go for another round and keep wrapping till the end without gaps and overlapping.
- Screws can be drilled or hammered depending upon the plant or the surface.
Turning Power On:
- Turn on the switch on the battery holder after installation to allow the flow of charge through the conductors.
GENERAL APPLICATION TIPS:
- Do not twist the belt as it may damage the conductors.
- The V9 Tree Belt is safe for use around children or pets, but caution is still advised due to the electric charge flowing through the fence. It's best to keep it out of reach of children.
- When handling the fence, don't pull the wiring forcefully as it might damage the connections.
Storage: During the off-season, take the pegs/clamps off the tree. Make sure the belt is dry. Roll the belt the way it was packed when bought. Unplug the battery. Store in a dry box away from water or other possible damages.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children.