DTE Tree & Shrub has been specially formulated to nurture transplanted bare root trees, ball and burlap shrubs, and outdoor container plants. With a nice middle-of the-road NPK of 4-2-4, this fertilizer has the nutrition that plants need but it also contains eleven strains of mycorrhizal fungi that promote root development and build tolerance for stressors. When you use this product you are helping to ensure survival, rapid establishment and overall success for your plants. Although DTE Tree & Shrub was created with young trees and plants in mind, their mature counterparts will appreciate its benefits as well.
- Helps plants fight transplant shock, drought and environmental extremes
- For use on trees, shrubs, vines and outdoor container plants
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
3 cups ≈ 1 lb; ½ cup ≈ 2.6 oz; 2½ tbsp ≈ 1 oz
DTE Tree & Shrub can be mixed into soil directly under cuttings, bare root trees, shrubs and vines or blended into potting mixes. The objective is to ensure physical contact between the roots and the inoculated fertilizer.
Trees & Shrubs:
- For new plants or transplants, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-3 cups with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill around the new plant and water in well.
- For mature plants, drill in holes 3-5" deep in a grid pattern and use 1-2 tbsp of product per hole.
- For new plantings, add 2-4 tbsp per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 1-2 cups per cubic foot OR add 5-20 lbs per cubic yard.
- For established plants, apply 1-2 tbsp per gallon into the soil when transplanting.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AR,CT,DE,FL,GA,HI,IA,IL,IN,KS,ME,MA,MN,MS,NC,ND,NH,OH,OK,PA,PR,RI,SC,SD,VT,WI,WV,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dust mask is recommended for application of any dry fertilizer product.
Shelf Life: For maximum shelf life, store between 40 and 85° F. Avoid temperatures in excess of 140° F. Product
expires two years from production date on box (Month/Year).
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Total Nitrogen (N)................................4.0%
0.6% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
3.4% Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2SO4)...........2.0%
Soluble Potash (K2O).......................4.0%
Derived from Feather Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Greensand, Kelp Meal, Langbeinite, Rock Phosphate and Soybean Meal.
ALSO CONTAINS NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENT:
Endomycorrhizal fungi: Glomus intraradices, Glomus mosseae, Glomus aggregatum, Glomus etunicatum -0.3 prop/gm each (544 prop/lb total).
Ectomycorrhizal fungi: Rhizopogon villosullus, Rhizopogon luteolus, Rhizopogon amylopogon, Rhizopogon fulvigleba - 56 prop/gm each; Pisolithus tinctorius - 5,500 prop/gm; Scleroderma cepa, Scleroderma citrinum -137 prop/gm each (2.7 million prop/lb total).