Thrips are one of those pests that seem to always surface, no matter how careful a grower is and with more than 6,000 species in the Thysanoptera order it's easy to see why. If not caught in time, thrips can do extensive damage to indoor and outdoor crops. Luckily, thrips are an ideal candidate for IPM (Integrated Pest Management) practices, beginning with trapping and monitoring.
The Trapline t+ Blue Sticky Roller Trap is a sticky trap in ribbon form. The vivid blue of this trap is highly attractive to thrips, but this trap has more to offer than just color. It also has a specific patterning that optimizes the trapping of Western Flower Thrips (WFT). But what really makes this trap stand out is that its glue is infused with a pheromone lure.
- This trap is intended only for use in greenhouses. Outdoor use is not recommended as dust and other debris will have a negative effect on its ability to trap and lure. In addition, beneficial insects could be accidently trapped.
- The Trapline t+ Blue Sticky Roller Trap can be used when growing soft fruits, vegetables and flowers.
- This trap has been specifically optimized for catching thrips and is not suitable for catching whiteflies, aphids and leafminers (yellow traps are recommended for these pests).
- The pheromone is microencapsulated, which ensures a steady release for up to 5 weeks.
- The glue itself will last 10-12 weeks (depending on particulate and UV levels) without drying out.
- Avoid extensive contact by hand and contact between the sticky area of the roll and plant canopy.
- For best results, apply as a preventative when you begin planting.
- Package contains two (2) 6" W x 328' L rolls.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Western Flower Thrips
When to Apply:
When beginning to plant, apply the trap as a preventative treatment to control flying insects. Rolls can remain in place until the trapping surface is fully covered with flying insects. The glue remains effective for at least 10-12 weeks but is dependent on particulate and UV levels.
Where to Apply:
- For infected crops: Apply the roll in areas where the pest population is greatest (this is typically in warmer areas of the greenhouse).
- For early pest prevention: Apply the roll throughout the crop. Please note that early pest prevention may vary in crop and pest species.
How to Apply:
Warm the rolls to room temperature so that they are easier to pull out. The straps should be secured to greenhouse posts with staples or string. Please note: There are both manual and mechanical application methods.
Environment: This product should not be used outdoors, where there is a chance that beneficial insects could become trapped.
Storage: Store in a cool and dry place (directly out of sunlight).
Warning & Toxicities:
- Avoid contact with the adhesive layer.
- Avoid high temperatures and direct sunlight.
- Wash hands before and after handling.