EcoMulch is an organic seasonal-use weed barrier paper that offers superior weed prevention from the crucial plant establishment period all the way to harvest. Made from 100% natural, biodegradable fibers sourced from corrugated box clippings, this product will decompose slowly over the growing season. At the end of the season, simply till any remaining paper into the soil (which will benefit from the additional texture and organic matter).
EcoMulch is 100% opaque, which discourages weed growth beyond germination, it is also porous, which has several benefits: It allows nutrients to be seamlessly transmitted from the soil to you plants; it allows air and water through so that the delicate roots and leaves of your plants do not become overheated or waterlogged and it enriches soil microbial action to keep soil healthy.
- Creped finish allows greater flexibility for easy application and complete coverage
- Earth-tone brown color helps keep soil warm
- Can be applied by hand or by tractor
- Suitable for overhead or drip tape irrigation methods
- Can be used with all vegetable crops, herbs, flowers, fruit trees and more
- OMRI listed for organic production
- For home gardening, commercial growers, natural/organic growers, nurseries, seasonal landscaping, habitat restoration and more
Shop All Weed Barriers here.
Installation: Can be tractor applied
Irrigation: Suitable for overhead or drip tape methods
DO NOT attempt application on a windy day.
Put EcoMulch in place before you install transplants or seedlings, or before you sow seeds. Simply prepare the ground, place over the soil, and cover the edges with dirt.
Application with a Mechanical Mulch Layer:
- Adjust tailing wheels - make sure they just "rest" on the EcoMulch; don't apply pressure with them.
- Be sure soil paddles are above the EcoMulch.
- Be sure discs DO NOT touch the EcoMulch.
- Tires should have no weight or pressure.
- Go slowly at first.
- Stop and adjust the wheels, paddles and colters as needed.
- Continue to assure that the discs DO NOT touch the EcoMulch throughout installation
NOTE: Product may be affected by variances in weather or soil conditions.
There is a short video of this installation process using a sister product, WeedGuard. EcoMulch will work in the same way: