The patented Scentry Heliothis Trap has been designed to monitor a number of the most difficult to control crop-damaging pests. This trap stands 31" tall and is made of lightweight, UV-resistant, vinyl mesh. It is collapsible, easy to handle, weather-proof, and strong enough to last many seasons. This trap is made to be used with a pheromone lure specific to the species you wish to monitor (lures sold separately). Do not cross-contaminate. Each trap should be used for managing only one species.
Please Note:These traps, used with their corresponding lures, are meant to detect the emergence of adult insects. They serve as an early warning to a potential infestation and should not be considered a method to reduce the insect population.
Shop all Scentry Biological products here.
For further clarification of the following instructions, please refer to the illustrated instructions under the DOCS tab.
ASSEMBLY & USE -
This trap comes in two parts - the Trap Top and the Trap Bottom.
Preparation and Assembly -
- Reshape the mesh upon removal from package so that the inner cone inside the trap top is clear and open.
- Fit trap top over trap bottom and secure with Velcro strip.
Trap Placement -
- Mount assembled trap to a pole or stake of sufficient length to be driven firmly into the ground and allowing enough height to position trap above crop.
- The bottom of the trap should be kept about 2 inches (5 cm) above tops of plants. As the trap is inspected and serviced, it should be raised and re-tied to maintain this distance.
- Tie trap tightly to pole with attached mounting ties to prevent trap from sliding down pole.
- Secure the long front tie either to the pole or to the stake driven into the ground for wind protection.
Lure Placement -
- Place lure at center of large bottom opening. Secure lure to string across opening with a paper clip.
- Do not cross-contaminate. Each trap should be used for monitoring only one species.
Trap Servicing -
- Trap top can be removed by pulling Velcro fastening loose.
- Remove insects, replace trap top and refasten in place.
- NOTE: Replacement trap tops are available separately (SKU #1230422).