Ships via Overnight methods on Tuesdays Only. See Shipping Info for details or call us at 1-800-827-2847. For Delivery Only. Not available in store.
Rove Beetles are a soil-dwelling general predator that feeds on the larvae of fungus gnats, shore fly, moth fly and pupae of thrips and springtails. There is evidence that Rove Beetles will also provide some control for root aphids.
Benefits of Rove Beetles:
- Effective between 55°-90° F. Provide protection for more pests at lower temperatures than S. scimitus.
- Prefer humidity between 50-80%. Ideal for greenhouses and controlled environments.
- Known for aggressive feeding and reproduction rates. Both larvae and adults are predatory.
- Highly mobile in the soil and adults can fly from plant to plant.
Winged adults have high dispersal and colonization rates allowing them to quickly establish populations in various growing media. Once established, this behavior allows Rove Beetle
populations to combat fluctuating pest infestations without reintroduction. Adults are a brown-black color, 3 - 4 mm long, winged beetles. Larvae are thin, pale yellow and darken in the later larval stages. Rove Beetles
live around 21 days at 70°.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Shore flies, Ephydridae; Fungus gnats, Sciaridae; Root Aphids; Western flower thrips, Frankliniella occidentalis
General Applications: Rotate tube several times before opening to mix contents. Push the cut-out on lid where marked to open tube. Rotate lid cover to fully open position for application. Shake contents gently onto potting media, capillary matting and any areas of algal growth where flies are suspected to be breeding. Monitor pest population using fresh yellow sticky traps at weekly intervals.
- Apply 1-2 predators per square foot.
- Apply directly to the surface of the growing media.
- For high pest populations, consider pairing with another suitable predator or parasite like S. scimitus, beneficial nematodes, or specific mite predators.
When Will My Order Ship?
- Ships via Overnight shipping methods only. This does not take processing time into account. Overnight Shipping refers to the time frame for delivery after the shipment date.
- Orders ship on Tuesdays only.
- Orders placed by Wednesday will ship on Tuesday (minimum 6 days for order processing).
- For any questions about shipping restrictions, please call us at 1-800-827-2847.
Cannot Be Shipped To: HI,PR,VI,GU,AS,PW
Warning & Toxicities: Do not use with soil incorporated insecticides without confirming safety.
Write a review
Feb 20, 2020 | By Jonathan
May 23, 2019 | By Nancy
May 8, 2019 | By Andrew
Mar 19, 2019 | By Jonathan
May 6, 2014 | By Arlene