These Pest Wizard Red Paper Delta Traps can be used on their own, but they're designed for use with species-specific pheromone lures. They are the perfect shape to lure flying insects in and the sticky traps inside make sure the insect stays there. These traps are coated with Pest Wizard's Messyless Adhesive™, which sticks to insects but not fingers and can be cleaned up with soap and water.
- Traps pest moths that produce wormy caterpillar larvae
- Low risk to beneficials when used properly
- Organic friendly
LURES NOT INCLUDED: Use with lures for Spotted Lanternfly, Codling Moth, Codling Moth & More, Citrus Mealybug.
Shop All Pest Wizard Products here.
Use this trap and lure kit to detect the presence of pests. Hang traps as early in Spring as possible and check them weekly for males. As soon as you catch 2-3, treat trees immediately.
TO SET UP STICKY RED PAPER DELTA TRAPS:
Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for illustrations of the above instructions.
- Crease along all folds before removing adhesive cover.
- Peel off the adhesive cover diagonally from corner.
- Fold to align top edge.
- Insert hanger. Staple or paperclip top edge.
- Fold in corners, roof flaps, then floor flap on one side of trap.
- Put lure in trap.
- Fold in corners, roof flaps, then floor flap on other side of trap.
HOW TO DEPLOY TRAPS:
- Hang traps with lures about 10 feet apart at shoulder height just inside foliage.
- Continue deployment into the fall for maximum trap captures of adults as they emerge throughout the season from their pupal stages in the soil.
- If an untended weedy area is nearby, hang a trap from a garden stake between the edge of the crop and the weeds.
- The lure is typically effective for about 30 days. When a trap becomes saturated before that time, remove the lure and attach it to a fresh trap. Repeat as necessary.
Results may vary due to seasonal changes, insect pest population variations, natural predator populations, correct or incorrect trap installation, proper lure storage, weather extremes, disruption, damage and/or contamination due to chemical sprays, pets, children, sprinklers, or other unforeseen events.
- Keep MessyLess Adhesive card away from eyes and hair. Adhesive could stick to eyelashes and hair and pull them out.
- Dispose of plastic packaging in a proper trash receptacle - do not recycle.
- Adhesive cleans up with soap and water.