Spotted Lanternflies (SLF) are an invasive species of sap-sucking True Bugs from the order Hemiptera. They are swarm feeders and there can be hundreds of individuals in multiple life stages on a single plant. The preferred host of SLF is the Tree of Heaven (Ailanthus altissima), but they will feed on a long list of plants, including fruit, ornamental and woody trees, vegetables, herbs, grains and vines. They are especially damaging to grapes, both cultivated and wild.
This Pest Wizard Spotted Lanternfly Trap Kit & Lures comes with 2 disposable Big Invisible Traps coated with MessyLess Adhesive™ and a lure that selectively attracts male Spotted Lanternflies. The lure is effective for up to 30 days. If traps become covered with insects or debris before that time, remove the lure and attach it to a fresh trap. When the lifespan of the lure is complete and the season is still active, replace lure and sticky trap with new ones. Replacement lures and Big Invisible Traps are available.
- Non-toxic pheromone lure and adhesive
- The Big Invisible Traps must be installed carefully so that they don't trap birds or other wildlife and so that people and pests do not get tangled in them.
- Results may vary due to seasonal changes, insect pest population variations, natural predator populations, correct or incorrect trap installation, proper lure storage, weather extremes, disruption, damage and/or contamination due to chemical sprays, pets, children, sprinklers, or other unforeseen events.
Shop All Pest Wizard Products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Spotted Lanternfly (Lycorma delicatula)
HOW TO USE:
- Set traps out in spring.
- Check traps every couple of weeks for presence, potential population density, and to catch and kill males as a mating reduction strategy.
- Continue use of this kit throughout the spring and summer and into the fall, up until the first frost.
HOW TO DEPLOY:
- Insert a wire hanger into each of the Big Invisible Trap's two hanger holes.
- Following instructions on the lure packaging, carefully peel cover to activate lure.
- Hang lure from trap using the hole on edge.
- Hang the trap vertically or horizontally - DO NOT DEPLOY TRAP FLAT!
- Hang traps in the outer branches.
- Because the trap is transparent/invisible, be sure to hang traps so that they are visibly conspicuous to humans and pets. Avoid hanging it anywhere or at a height that a human or pet might not see and inadvertently walk into it.
- If traps become covered with insects or debris, remove the lure and attach it to a fresh trap. When the lifespan of the lure is complete and the season is still active, replace lure and sticky trap with new ones.
Write a review
Spotted Lantern Flytrap doesn't fully live up to expectations
Sep 13, 2023 | By Chris F