Perma-Guard Crawling Insect Control has no fillers or bait; it is simply Diatomaceous Earth mixed with less than one half of one percent of amorphous silica. Diatomaceous Earth (or D.E.) comes from the fossilized shells of microorganisms known as diatoms. Once these shells are crushed into a fine dust, it clings easily to whatever passes through it. For insects, this dust proves fatal by merely coming into contact with it. Diatomaceous Earth actively absorbs the waxy cuticle around the insect, which causes it to dehydrate and die in as little as 48 hours.
This physical method of killing eliminates the possibility of insects becoming immune to the insecticide, as can be the case with chemical controls. With regular applications, you will receive continued protection from crawling insects that can spread disease and havoc among your family and on your property.
Can be applied conveniently with tools such as
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Ants, Bed Bugs, Carpet Beetles, Centipedes, Cockroaches, Crickets, Earwigs, Fleas, Grasshoppers, Millipedes, and Silverfish.
Perma-Guard Crawling Insect Control is intended for application with a hand duster, power duster or as a slurry for application to areas where insects are found. Apply lightly and uniformly to cracks and crevices with the use of a bulbous duster or other suitable equipment. In living areas, make application in such a manner as to avoid deposits on exposed surfaces or introducing the material into the air. Treat a small area of the surface to be treated and look for staining or other adverse reactions before making regular application. Dust insects directly, if possible. Repeat treatment regularly.
- Indoor Use: Lightly coat a thin layer in areas where pests are found and may hide including cracks and crevices, behind and beneath refrigerators, cabinets, stoves, garbage cans, in and around sewer pipes and drains, window frames, attics and basements.
- Fleas: Thoroughly treat floor and bedding in and around pets' sleeping quarters. Treat surrounding cracks and crevices, baseboards, carpeting and anywhere else fleas are suspected. Apply lightly to carpet, rake into fibers using a carpet rake or a garden rake. Leave the product in place for as long as possible then vacuum lightly. Reapply in 7-10 days, as Crawling Insect Control does not kill eggs.
- Carpet beetles: Dust along baseboards, carpet edges, under carpeting, on furniture, in closets and shelving where these insects are seen or suspected. Do not apply directly to carpeting or thick pile rugs as this product can clog vacuum cleaners.
- Bedbugs: Dismantle bed. Use Crawling Insect Control in joints, crevices and where rungs are inserted. See that all interior areas are dusted. Dust mattresses, especially in folds and edges. All cracks and crevices in the bedroom should be treated.
- Outdoor Use: Lightly coat a thin layer in areas where insects are found such as patios, outdoor sills, window and door frames. Move woodpiles away from foundation and then apply around foundation, along ant trails and around sewer pipes and drains. Repeat treatment as necessary.
Application Rate: The amount of product to be applied will vary with the site but should usually be in the range of 1-5 oz. per 100 sq. ft. For complete instructions specific to livestock, poultry houses, crop application and food/feed handling establishments, please read and follow the instructions on the label.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,CO,HI,LA,ME,MD,MA,MS,NJ,NC,OH,OK,PA,RI,SD,TN,UT,WV,WI,WY
Warning & Toxicities: This product is a dust and it may cause moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or apply wearing glasses. Use adequate ventilation and avoid breathing dust – we recommend wearing a suitable dust mask approved by NIOSH/MSHA when using this product during prolonged exposure.
Write a review
Jul 2, 2020 | By Courtney
Jun 26, 2020 | By Stephanie Piazzese
May 28, 2020 | By Dee Alexander