Organishield (formerly Sucrashield) is a biochemical insecticide/miticide that offers fast-acting control for a long list of targeted insect pests. The active ingredient in this certified organic product is a molecule called a Sucrose Octanoate Ester (SOE). In the late 1980s, scientists learned that certain plants produced SOEs as an insect control. After many years of trial and error, researchers found a way to produce SOEs on a large commercial scale and Organishield was born.
Organishield is primarily a contact insecticide with limited residual activity that can be used on indoor or outdoor plants. It is highly effective and works quickly.
- Can be sprayed in the heat of the day and when sprayed when the lights are on
- Safe for people, pets and the planet
- Contains no oils
- Works fast – target pests will be eliminated in minutes to hours after contact
- No insect tolerance
- 0-Day PHI (Pre-Harvest Interval) and 48-Hour REI (Restricted Entry Interval)
- Safe for use on houseplants
EFFECTIVE ON THE FOLLOWING CROPS:
Vegetables, Herbs & Spices (Greenhouse & Outdoor):
Artichokes, asparagus, basil, beans, beets, bok choy, broccoli, broccoli raab, Brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery, Chinese broccoli, Chinese cabbage, chive, collard greens, cucumbers, dill, eggplant, endive, escarole, garlic, green onions, horseradish, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuce, marjoram, melons, mint, mustard greens, napa cabbage, onions, parsley, peas, peppers, potatoes, pumpkins, radishes, rutabaga, sage, shallots, spinach, soybeans, sugar beets, summer squash, Swiss chard, tomatoes, yams and watercress.
Fruit & Nut Crops:
Almonds, apples, apricots, bananas, black walnuts, blackberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cane berries, cherries, chestnuts, citron, crabapples, cranberries, currants, English walnuts, filberts, grapefruit, kumquats, lemons, limes, nectarines, peaches, pears, pineapples, plums, prunes, quince, raspberries, strawberries, tangelos, tangerines, pecans and pistachios.
Alfalfa, canola, coffee, cotton, hops, peanuts, soybeans, tobacco and wheat.
Bedding plants, Oriental landscape trees and shrubs, Christmas trees, roses and other flowers.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Adelgids, Aphids, Armyworms, Caterpillars, Glassy-winged Sharpshooter, Lacebugs, Leafhoppers, Mealybugs, Mites, Plant Bugs, Psyllids, Soft Scale, Tent caterpillars, Thrips and Whiteflies.
IMPORTANT USE INFORMATION:
- Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- Apply as soon as infestation begins.
- Use in sufficient water to achieve adequate coverage.
- Repeat applications, as necessary, at intervals of 7-10 days, to maintain control.
- Thorough spray coverage of plant foliage, including the undersides of leaves, is essential for good control of the pest.
- May be applied up to and including day of harvest.
Organishield dissolves readily in water. To achieve and to maintain the suspension, add the appropriate quantity to water with agitation and maintain gentle agitation during application.
Use a 0.8% to 1.0% v/v solution of this product, depending on the severity of infestation. Use between 25 and 400 gallons of total mix volume per acre. The amount of total mix required to achieve adequate coverage will vary with the type, growth stage and/or spacing of the treated crop.
TIMING OF APPLICATION:
Initiate applications as soon as pest is observed. Repeat applications, as necessary, at intervals of 7-10 days to maintain control.
This product has been tested on many crops and ornamentals. However, it is not possible to evaluate all plants species or varieties for tolerance to this product. Test Organishield for possible phytotoxic responses by treating a few plants at the label use rate prior to large scale use.
- The user at his discretion can tank mix pesticides currently labeled for the same crop unless the product labels specifically prohibit such use.
- Test all tank mix combinations for physical compatibility by first performing a jar compatibility test using proper proportions of chemicals and water.
- Always determine the compatibility of water, pesticides and other tank additives, such as penetrators, spreader stickers or activators, gibberellic acids, calcium nitrate or diatomaceous earth, foliar nutrients and alkaline based chelating agents such as EDTA, with this product prior to addition to the spray tank.
- For best results, use freshly mixed spray made with soft water. If water has high mineral content (hardness >300 ppm or 17 .5 rains/gallons), check for compatibility as described above. If needed, add a compatibility agent to the tank prior to the addition of this product.
- Do not lower pH of the final spray mixture below 7.0.
- A defoaming agent may be needed for use in sprayers equipped with an agitator.
- Application of spray mixtures must conform to use precautions and directions for all products included in the tank mix. Spray promptly after mixing and keep combinations agitated to achieve and maintain the suspension.
- This product may be applied with ground spray equipment. Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
- This product must come into contact with the target pests to be effective. Complete coverage of plant foliage is essential for maximum control.
- Apply promptly after mixing with other pesticides to avoid or reduce alkaline hydrolysis of certain pesticides.
For more details, refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
Environment: For terrestrial uses: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high-water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash water or rinsate.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in cool, dry location.
Limit online to 2 x 5 gal due to weight. For larger quantities, please call or email for a shipping quote.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AK,AZ,AR,CA,CT,DE,DC,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,LA,ME,MD,MA,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NH,NM,NY,NC,ND,OH,PA,PR,RI,SD,TN,TX,UT,VT,VA,WA,WV,WI,WY
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wear protective eyewear (goggles or face shield). Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing before use.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Sucrose Octanoate Esters (a-D-Glucopyranosyl - ß-D-fructofuranosyl - octanoate),
mono-,di-,and triesters of sucrose octanoate.........................40.0%