OMRI listed Monterey Nematode Control is formulated to control plant parasitic nematodes that feast on your plants' roots. This certified organic concentrate is ready to be mixed with water and applied as a soil drench. It can be sprayed on, poured on, or applied with band or broadcast-type sprayers.
The active ingredient in Monterey Nematode Control is Saponins of Quillaja saponaria, which controls plant parasitic nematodes by limiting their development past the egg stage. As fewer nematodes reach adulthood and begin reproducing, there will be a gradual reduction in nematode densities in the soil, which will help to ward off recurring issues season on season. Because this product works on immature nematodes, it's best to use it preventatively or early in the growing season before the nematodes mature.
For more thorough information, please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
Shop all Monterey products here
For best results -
- Multiple applications may be made in the spring every 7-14 days for up to 10 weeks followed by a single application in the fall after harvest.
- Irrigate area to be treated prior to application.
- Apply solution within three hours of mixing.
- After application has been made it may be necessary to water with either drip or above ground sprinklers but do over irrigate following application. Over-irrigation will move the desired concentration of the product too quickly past the targeted root zone.
- If applied in heavy rainfall areas, avoid application during rain or when rain is forecasted within the next 24 hours that may exceed movement of this product past targeted root zone.
- Apply 8 fl. ounces of Monterey Nematode Control mixed in 6 gallons of water per 1,000 square feet. Apply every 7-14 days for up to 10 weeks.
Lawn Applications (for control of Anguina pacifica ONLY):
- Apply 9 fl. ounces of Monterey Nematode Control mixed in 3-7 gallons of water per 1,000 square feet using a pressure nozzle tip applicator sufficient to penetrate into the lower part of the turf leaves where Anguina pacifica nematode galls are formed. Do not exceed a concentration of 1.5% Monterey Nematode Control in any application. Do not water lawn for at least 12 hours following application.
- Repeat applications every 5-10 days. Additional applications to break the life cycle of the nematode should be repeated 2-4 times within 60 days to significantly reduce the pest problem in one season.
For Use Around Trees:
- apply from tree trunk to dripline to cover at least 50% of the soil area or the area under the canopy of the tree, whichever is greater.
- Applications should be made in spring just prior to or during root flush and again in the fall after harvest.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,CO,DC,DE,ID,IL,IN,KS,MA,ME,MI,MN,ND,NE,NH,NJ,NV,NY,OH,PA,SD,UT,VT,WV,WY
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Saponins of Quillaja saponaria…………………. 8.60%
Other Ingredients …………………………………91.40%
*Bidesmosidic derivatives of quillajic acid substituted with a trisaccharide at C-3 and an oligosaccharide in C-28.
Write a review
Works for me
Oct 11, 2020 | By Betsey
May 23, 2020 | By Willis Haynes
Seems to be working.
May 2, 2020 | By Robbee
Monterey Nematode Control
Feb 11, 2020 | By Plamen Petkov
Oct 26, 2019 | By Gary S
May 25, 2019 | By Kate Watters
Mar 26, 2019 | By Brad Grier
Apr 9, 2018 | By Ron Dorais