This economical and easy-to-use tester determines soil pH within the 4-8 pH scale. When your soil pH is right, it provides the start for healthy growth of any type of plant. Getting this essential information couldn't be easier – just insert the probe in the soil, twist it a few times and take the reading. This tester comes with an Instruction Sheet that contains suggestions for adjusting pH as well as a list of the pH preferences of over 50 common plants.
- This tester is for use in soil only. DO Not use in liquids
- Tests the soil acidity/alkalinity
- Has a 6" bi-metallic probe
- Large and easy to read display for clear results
- No batteries needed
- Includes special cleaning pad to be used between each test
- Can be used when growing container gardens, flowers, fruits/shrubs, houseplants, vegetables and more
Shop All Luster Leaf Products here.
FOR USE IN SOIL ONLY - DO NOT USE IN LIQUIDS!
The Soil Sample:
Remove the top 2" of the surface soil. Break up and crumble the soil underneath to a depth of 5". Remove any stones or organic debris. Thoroughly wet the soil with water (ideally rainwater) to a mud consistency.
Using the specially supplied cleaning pad, lightly shine 4'-5" of the probe only, avoiding the bullet-shaped tip. Wipe clean using a cotton cloth or tissue.
TAKING A SOIL pH READING:
- Push the meter probe vertically into the moistened soil to a depth of 4"-5".
- Twist the probe between your fingers several times to ensure that wet soil is well distributed over the surface of the probe.
- If the reading is in the Green Zones: Remove the probe from the soil and wipe away any soil particles from the surface of the probe. Reshine the probe and insert back into the soil at a different point. Twist the probe 2 or 3 times, as before, and wait 60 seconds before taking the final reading.
- If the reading is in the Orange or Red Zones: Remove the probe from the soil and wipe away any soil particles from the surface of the probe. Do not reshine the probe. Insert the probe back into the soil at a different point. Twist the probe 2-3 times between your fingers and wait 60 seconds before taking the final reading.