To effectively control the insect population in your yard or garden, it is essential to first determine which ones have made their homes there. These UV and weather-resistant traps are designed to do just that with no mess or pesticides. There are many pest insects out there and these traps have been developed to attract the most common, including aphids, thrips, psyllids, nuisance flies, midges, hoppers and many, many more.
The color and very specific way that light reacts to the Messyless Adhesive™ on these traps, combine to create a sticky trap with a very high capture rate. These 5½" x 8" traps can be used alone or with an added attractant (such as an essential oil) or lure. They are especially effective when used with a pheromone lure to target specific pests. Use these traps to identify and monitor your insect population and keep using them to track how well your pest management program is going.
Shop All Pest Wizard Products here.
Suggested Uses: For use with or without a lure as a visual attractant and capture mechanism to control and kill a wide variety of insect pest species that have a detrimental effect on field and orchard crops, harvested foods, trees, shrubs and many other plants.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Use to attract, monitor and kill many insect species, including Aphids (Aphidoidea spp), Whiteflies (Aleyrodoidea spp), Fruit flies, Fruit Maggots, Nut Maggots (Rhagoletis spp), Thrips(Thysanoptera spp), Yellow Jackets (Vespula spp), Leafhoppers (Hemipteran spp), Cucumber Beetles (Diabrotica spp, Acalymma spp), Psyllids (Psyllidae spp), Olive Fruit Flies (Bactrocera oleae), Midges (Chironomidae spp), Sharpshooters (Proconiini spp), True Bugs, Flies (Diptera spp) and Beetles (Coleoptera).
- Peel back the very top of the paper covering the adhesive and attach wire hanger.
- 1, 2 or even 3 hangers can be used to hang your trap in a variety of ways in different locations. Or 2 traps can be stapled together end to end or folded to form a tube. Or you can cut your trap into a custom shape to fit a specific location or holder (be sure to do this before removing cover paper from adhesive).
- To remove cover paper – Beginning at the top of the trap, pinch the corner of the cover paper tightly between your fingers. In one continuous downward and diagonal movement, very rapidly jerk the paper off the trap.
- Use with or without lures and attractants, depending on application.
- When trap is full of insects and/or debris, dispose in household waste. Trap is biodegradable.
Results may vary due to seasonal changes, insect pest population variations, natural predator populations, correct trap installation, proper/improper lure storage, weather extremes, disruption of the trap by children, pets or sprinklers, damage and/or contamination due to chemical sprays and other unforeseen events.
Storage: Store at normal room temperature until ready to use.
What's In The Package: Contains 4 double-sided 5½" x 8" Yellow Sticky Traps, 8 heavy-duty wire hangers and complete illustrated instructions in English and Spanish.
Warning & Toxicities:
- Not a toy: Keep lure and No-Mess Sticky Card™ out of reach of children.
- Keep MessyLess Adhesive™ card away from eyes and hair. Adhesive could stick to eye lashes and hair and pull the lashes or hair out.