Maxicrop Kelp Meal Fertilizer is derived from Ascophyllum nodosum, one of the richest known sources of trace minerals, vitamins and amino acids. This Norwegian kelp meal contains at least 60 Minerals or Elements, 12 Vitamins and 21 Amino Acids. It has been harvested, dried and processed, then blended and ground to a 14 mesh size.
Maxicrop Kelp Meal will improve many soil deficiencies when used as a soil conditioner. It can be incorporated into potting soils, seed and transplant beds, as well as composting material to improve the health of outdoor or indoor plants. Kelp meal adds organic matter to your soil and helps the soil retain moisture to encourage healthy root growth. The minerals and amino acids present in kelp meal also stimulate beneficial microorganisms in the soil.
Maxicrop Kelp Meal can also be used as a feed-through for animals with specific dietary needs to improve their overall health. Adding a small amount improves the utilization of standard feed mixes. Kelp meal can enhance the flexibility and sheen of the skin and coat in dogs, cats, and horses – a good measure of overall health. Combine kelp meal with food-grade diatomaceous earth (fossil shell flour) in feed for improved nutrition and control of worm parasites. See the usage rates below.
Shop All Maxicrop Products here.
Soil Conditioner Directions:
- House Plants: Use one teaspoon twice a month.
- Transplanting Container Plants: Mix one tablespoon per gallon of soil or soil mix.
- New Planting: Spread one cup per 100 square feet when preparing beds. Till down 6 to 12 inches and thoroughly water. Let sit overnight before planting.
- Established Plants: Side dress one cup per 100 square feet. Carefully work into soil and around plants. Thoroughly water the area.
- Trees: Use one half pound per inch diameter of the tree trunk (i.e.: treat with 2 pounds of kelp meal). Broadcast around the drip line area of the tree.
- Lawns: Evenly spread five pounds per 1,000 square feet of lawn. Spread with a two wheel spreader or broadcast by hand.
If not already in your feed, add 2% Kelp Meal to grain (i.e. 40 lbs. to a ton of grain). Either pre-mix or place on grain by hand. If a mineral or vitamin deficiency is known, feed up to 5%. Start young animals at 1%
- Horses: For general feeding, add 1.5 oz of Kelp Meal to their food daily. For studs, feed between 1.5 and 2 oz. daily. Brood mares should receive 1-2 oz daily and should be hand-fed if possible.
- Dogs: Feed 1 teaspoon per day with their food.
- Cats: Feed ¼ teaspoon per day.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Container Plants, Houseplants, Aquaponics, Hydroponics
Storage: Keep dry until use.
Warning & Toxicities: Can affect people with fish allergies. No toxicity known.
Shelf Life: Indefinite
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed
Total Nitrogen (N).......... 1%
- 1.0% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen
Soluble Potash (K2
Write a review
Keeps my dogs teeth white!
Aug 7, 2019 | By scratchbaker