This unique product works in the root zone to collect water molecules from humidity in the soil and converts them into water droplets that plants are able to readily use. The proprietary water management technology in extra strength Hydretain ES Plus is fueled by food grade humectant and hygroscopic compounds and enhanced by a naturally derived soil surfactant. Hydretain ES Plus will optimize the use of water and minimize drought stress, resulting in more vigorous growth and stronger, healthier plants.
- Hydretain ES Plus is specifically labeled for use in California.
- Use on/in turf, ornamental plants, trees, shrubs, gardens, potted and containerized plants and agriculture.
- Used by professionals in landscaping, greenhouse growing, large scale farming and on golf courses and sports fields.
- Biodegradable and made from renewable resources.
- Reduces costs associated with water use.
- Excellent for use in transplant establishment and seed germination.
- Prevents drought related wilt and dry spots.
- Helps to maintain the proper soil moisture level for optimal effectiveness of fertilizer and pest control products.
- Available in a Ready-to-Spray or Concentrate.
Use to manage root zone moisture and extend periods between required waterings.
Dilute before applying. Minimum dilution rate is 15:1 (water to Hydretain ES Plus). May be tank mixed or applied through injectors and fertigation systems.
For best results:
- Water thoroughly when re-watering treated plants.
- Proper fertilization will increase product's effectiveness.
- For maximum effectiveness, reapply every 3 months or when required watering becomes more frequent.
- Reapply if a reduction in watering is not apparent within 2 weeks.
- Caution: If Hydretain ES Plus is applied to open flowers in bloom, rinse with plain water to reduce the possibility of product pulling moisture from sensitive flower petals.
Turf: General application rate
Apply 9 oz/1,000 sq. ft. (3 gals/acre) by spray or drench once every 3 months or maintain monthly at 1/3 rate after initial full rate application. For best results, apply to wet soil. Water in with at least 1/10 inch of water within the first couple of hours to insure product is washed off foliage and into the soil. Within 24 hours, follow with enough additional water to carry Hydretain ES Plus down to and throughout the root zone (The amount of additional water required to carry product throughout the root zone is dependent on the depth of the root zone of the treated area.). Additional Hydretain ES Plus may be required to correct difficult and extreme dry spot areas. Product may be applied at up to 5 times the general application rate as a single treatment or in multiple applications.
Turf: Overseeding, Sodding, Sprigging
Apply at general application rate (9 oz/1,000 sq. ft.) by spray or drench after seeding, sodding or sprigging. Water in with only enough water to rinse Hydretain ES Plus off foliage and into the soil at seed level or the root area of new sod or sprig. An application of Hydretain ES Plus made prior to overseeding, sodding or sprigging and watered into the root zone will manage soil moisture for existing turf during new turf establishment.
Trees, Shrubs & Individual Plants
Dilute at a rate of 2 oz/gal water and apply by drench thoroughly saturating the root zone. For maximum effectiveness on trees apply 4-8 oz of concentrate for each inch of trunk diameter. Dilution rate is variable from 50:1 to 300:1.
Potted or Containerized Plants
Dilute at a rate of 2 oz/gal water and apply by drench, thoroughly saturating the planting media. Media should be dry enough to hold as much diluted product as possible. Hydretain ES Plus may be applied through existing injectors at rates between 50:1 and 100:1. Higher dilution rates may require multiple applications to achieve desired results.
Large Planters & Gardens - Dilute at a rate of 2 oz/gal water or through injectors at a rate of 50:1 to 100:1 and apply at a rate of 2 ounces of concentrate/60 sq. ft of area. One gallon treats 4,000 square feet.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AK,AZ,AR,CO,CT,DE,DC,FL,GA,HI,ID,IL,IN,IA,KS,KY,LA,ME,MD,MA,MI,MN,MS,MO,MT,NE,NV,NH,NJ,NM,NY,NC,ND,OH,OK,OR,PA,PR,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,VT,VA,WA,WV,WI,WY
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
- 54% Humectants (Sugar alcohols, polysaccharides and neutral salts of alpha-hydroxypropionic acid)
- 10% Non-ionic Surfactant
- 36% Inert Ingredients