When keeping bees, our number one priority is their health. Using harsh and toxic chemicals is not only bad for our bees it is bad for the ecosystem. ARBICO Organics is proud to introduce our newest beneficial nematode, Heterorhabditis indica (Hi). H. indica is a heat tolerant, entomopathogenic nematode ready to attack the prepupal stage of the Small Hive Beetle (Aethina tumida) in the soil. By suspending the nematodes in water and applying to the soil below and around the hive, the nematodes quickly seek out the pupal stage and attack; typically entering the pest and killing it within 24-48 hours. H. indica are a virulent and aggressive species of nematodes and work best when the strength of the hive is maintained.
Pair H. indica applications with Freeman Beetle Traps to control both adult and pupal stages of the Small Hive Beetle. This species has also been shown to be effective against other soil dwelling pests including:
- Fall armyworm (Spodoptera frugiperda)
- Fungus gnat (Bradysia difformis)
- Indianmeal moth (Plodia interpunctella)
- Root weevil (Diaprepes abbreviates)
- Western flower thrips (Frankliniella occidentalis)
- White grubs (Holotrichia serrata, Leucopholis lepidophora, Hoplia philantus, Popillia japonica).
For Control of Small Hive Beetle - Use 5 Million for every 10 Hives.
For All Other Pests:
- 5,000,000 per 218 square feet.
- 10,000,000 per 436 square feet.
Additional information about beekeeping can be found at PerfectBee. Check out their Learning Beekeeping
article to learn more about the ins and outs of being a beekeeper!
Click Here for H. indica application instructions.
Storage: Do Not Refrigerate. If you cannot apply the day of receipt, refreeze the ice pack included and store in the shipment container. Apply as soon as possible after receipt.
|Important Shipping Note:|
- All sizes ship via 2nd Day Air methods. Overnight shipping can be selected at checkout and will incur a $10 upcharge.
- All H. indica are shipped with step-by-step application instructions.
|When Will My Order Ship?|
- Orders ship Monday – Thursday and may take 2 days to process.
- Orders placed Thursday morning or later ship the following Monday.
- If you would like the nematodes to ship on a specific date, please specify in the "Special Instructions or Comments" box at checkout.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,HI
Shelf Life: 7-10 days after receipt
Write a review
nemaseek for small hive beetle
Jan 29, 2021 | By Lee McLare
Owner Response: Thank you for your feedback Lee. We are sorry you didn't see effectiveness with Hi Beneficial Nematodes for small hive beetle. We carry other options as well, such as the Freeman Beetle Trap as a mechanical control. If you would like to discuss more options for control, please contact a bio-control specialist at 800-827-2847.
Jul 22, 2020 | By Phillip R Ratliff
Good for Hive Beetles
Apr 27, 2020 | By Kelly Grambau
Good gnat killer
Oct 21, 2019 | By Neyman Evans
I'm a believer now...
Aug 13, 2019 | By Joe Grosso
May 8, 2019 | By Rodney J Dillion
Great For Fungus Gnats
Oct 22, 2018 | By PG
Small Hive beetle prevention
Apr 27, 2018 | By Mark DiBois