Root Guard Gopher Baskets are uniquely designed to keep troublesome gophers away from delicate plant roots. The mini baskets are specifically designed to protect small plants in 4" pots while the larger ones work for everything from bulbs to small shrubs (size up according to your needs). When selecting the proper size for your plants, choose a basket that is one size larger than the plant's root ball to allow for plant growth. These baskets have multiple attributes to maximize their effectiveness, ease-of use, and desirability:
- Made of heavy duty 20 gauge wire to prevent gophers from chewing through.
- Hexagonal-shaped openings in the wire are smaller than regular chicken wire. This smaller size mesh allows for root growth while keeping the gophers at bay.
- Mini Baskets are 1/2" mesh and Larger Baskets are 3/4" mesh.
- Wire is woven and vinyl coated to keep baskets strong and to eliminate sharp edges.
- Opens in seconds and pops into shape easily.
- Free standing for easy planting and to allow for up-sizing when needed.
- Reusable and easily refolded for storage.
- Mini - 4" diameter and 5" deep
- 1 Gal - 8" diameter and 9" deep
- 3 Gal - 12" diameter and 9" deep
- 5 Gal - 12" diameter and 14" deep
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: This product works as an underground mechanical control for Gophers & Moles.
How to Form and Use:
- Pull open top of basket
- Round-out the sides
- Form flat bottom
- Install basket in pre-dug hole, leaving 1" - 2" above ground, then back-fill. Be careful to eliminate any air spaces and water.
Write a review
Not just for gophers
Feb 5, 2022 | By Karin Monvoisin
Exactly as described/ fast shipping
May 28, 2021 | By Sharon L Pajka
Jul 18, 2020 | By Melissa Muir
Jul 9, 2020 | By Susan Crawford
Gopher Wire Basket
Jun 24, 2020 | By Nancy Baric
Exactly what I needed
Jun 2, 2020 | By DeLayne
Tomatoes now protected.
May 28, 2020 | By Nathan
May 6, 2020 | By Janette Duncan
Just what the doctor ordered!
Apr 26, 2019 | By Gerald McDougall