DTE Fish Meal offers a multitude of benefits for your plants in addition to providing organic nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and calcium (Ca). Made from ground, dried fish waste that breaks down slowly, this fertilizer delivers a gradual feed over time that any plant can benefit from.
- Stimulates soil microbial life
- Promotes robust root development
- Perfect for use as an early season plant booster
- OMRI listed and CDFA registered
- Can be used on lawns, vegetable gardens, flower beds, trees and shrubs
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
2.5 cups ≈ 1 lb; ¼ cup ≈ 1.6 oz; 1 tbsp. ≈ 0.4 oz.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds:
- To prepare new gardens, apply 2½-5 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp. per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 1-2 oz., depending on plant size and desired growth rate, once each month during growing season.
- For new plantings, add 1-2 tbsp. per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5-10 lbs. per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs:
- Spread 1-2 lbs. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line, mix into soil surface and water in well.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1 cup with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
Cannot Be Shipped To: CT,DE,IA,IL,KS,MD,MN,MT,ND,NH,PR,SC,SD,VT,WV,WY
Total Nitrogen (N).................................8.0%
8% Insoluble Nitrogen
Available Phosphate (P2O5)...............6.0%
Derived from Fish Meal