DTE Fish Bone Meal is a dry fertilizer that's an excellent source of organic nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P) and calcium (Ca). The nitrogen and phosphorus are essential nutrients that every plant needs for strong root development and healthy growth and calcium is necessary for the formation of cell walls and membranes. All of which makes this an outstanding fertilizer for new plantings, bulbs and perennials. However, phosphorus plays an important part in the formation of fruits and flowers, so DTE Fish Bone Meal would be especially beneficial to fruiting and flowering trees, plants and shrubs.
- An excellent alternative to traditional bone meal options
- OMRI Listed & CDFA Registered
- Can be used on all types of vegetables, flowers, trees, shrubs and perennials
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
2 cups ≈ 1 lb; ½ cup ≈ 4 oz; 1 tbsp ≈ 0.5 oz.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds:
- To prepare new gardens, apply 2½-5 lbs per 10 square feet and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 2-4 oz once each month during the growing season.
- For new plantings, add 1-2 tbsp per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 2½-5 lbs per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tbsp per gallon into the soil surface each month during the growing season.
Trees, Shrubs & Vines:
- For trees, spread 1 lb per 2" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the dripline, mix into soil surface and water in well.
- For grapes, apply ½-1 lb. to the soil around each plant and thoroughly mix into soil.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use the amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
Cannot Be Shipped To: CT,IA,ND,PA,RI,SD,WV,WY,PR
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
4.0% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
Derived from Fish Bone Meal.