These sturdy and easy-to-use pots pots allow your plants to grow their best possible roots in the most natural way. As the roots grow out of these porous pots and hit the air, they will stop growing forward and branch out laterally along the root shaft. This air pruning causes the plant to produce more root tips, which are the all-important part of the plant that uptakes water and nutrients. This dynamic root structure will lead to stronger, more vigorous plants with bountiful yields.
Fertilpots are organic growing pots that are sustainably made in the heavily forested Vosges region of France. For many generations, locals there have lovingly maintained an excellent stewardship of their land and this product is just one result of that. Everything from the power they use to the sources of their ingredients has been carefully considered to bring you an organic and green product that you can feel comfortable using.
- OMRI listed and WSDA registered.
- Well suited for automated systems. A variety of sizes allows you to choose which works best for you and your machine.
- No need for drainage holes. The porous and open nature of the pots allows water to drain straight through.
- No more circling roots.
- Can be used to grow a large variety of crops, including: vegetables, hemp, herbs, cannabis, native plant materials, wine grapes and more.
- No transplant shock. Because the plant is never removed from the pot, even sensitive plants do not suffer from transplant shock.
- Excellent in hydroponic and aquaponic growing. Roots will pass through the pot and into the nutrient solution while maintaining the media in the pot, reducing the opportunity for clogs in the system.
- Can be used with most growing media (although it should be friable as well to allow for good aeration) and fertilizers. There is none of the nitrogen starving that can occur with recycled paper pots.
Fertilpots will break down as the plant grows in and through it. Once the roots pass through the pot walls, the pot and plant will meld together as one root ball. Depending on geographical and growing conditions and the size of the pot, this process can take anywhere from several months to a year or so. From day one, the Fertilpot has been allowing air, roots and water to pass through it and that won't change during the degradation process. Natural development will continue to occur in the soil, just as it would without a Fertilpot present.
Suggested Uses: For use in organic and conventional growing for a stronger, more natural development of root structure and to ensure successful transplants.
How To Use
Environment: Fertilpots can be used in vineyards, nurseries, high tunnels, greenhouses, field propagation, hydroponics, aquaponics, home gardens, urban gardens, agroforestry, warehouse gardens and more.
Ground Only. No expedited shipping available.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Made from sustainably harvested Abies spruce (a byproduct of a tree thinning operation) and 20% peat moss (from sources dedicated to horticultural peat production).