ARBICO Organics Worm Castings – Organic Fertilizer & Micronutrient Amendment!
Worm castings are an organic byproduct of vermiculture (composting with worms) used as an organic fertilizer and soil amendment. ARBICO Organics Worm Castings are produced by red wigglers and provides macro- and micronutrients to the soil in a slow-feeding form. Castings can be applied as a top dressing, brewed in a tea, or mixed into the soil medium. The sustainable production of worm castings helps reduce food and paper waste.
Benefits of Worm Castings:
- Castings are a source of over 60 micronutrients and trace minerals.
- Breakdown occurs slowly. This reduces application frequency and risk of nutrient burn.
- Worm castings add beneficial microbial life to your soil.
- Reduce transplant shock.
- Improve soil structure. Castings can help buffer soil pH in highly acidic or alkaline soil.
- Contain chitinase, a natural compound helpful in disease suppression and root knot nematode control.
Earthworm castings are sometimes called "gardener's gold" because of the multitude of benefits they provide. They can be combined with other fertilizers and soil amendments according to your plants' needs. Unlike other manures, castings are odor-free. Produce your own worm castings with the Worm Factory
ARBICO Organics Worm Castings can be used for gardens, indoor growing, lawn care, landscaping and farming.
- Soil Mixture - Mix into potting soils at a rate of 3-5% by volume.
- Top Dressing – Apply a ¼" to ½" layer every 2-4 months. Rake into turf or grass. For best results, top dress with a mixture of worm castings and organic compost.
- Worked Into Soil – Castings may be incorporated into the top several inches of pots or beds prior to planting or mulching. Repeat when planting to reduce transplant shock.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Interiorscapes, Container Plants, Houseplants, Vegetable Gardens
Storage: Store in original container. Store in a cool, dry place
Shelf Life: 6 months
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Red Wiggler Worm Castings