Down to Earth Vegetable Garden is an OMRI listed, all-purpose fertilizer that provides dynamic nutrition throughout the growing season. This balanced blend gives your vegetables and herbs the ideal start to a healthy life. There's a boost of calcium in this product that will help prevent blossom end rot on susceptible crops like tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers. Additionally, the calcium to magnesium ration in this fertilizer is 6:1 - ideal for most plants.
- Use for planting and transplanting in vegetable, herb and container gardens.
- Also works well when planting and transplanting trees and shrubs.
- This packaging is made from a 100% recycled paperboard box that has been printed with vegetable-based inks. When empty, this box can be shredded and added to your compost pile.
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
Vegetable & Herb Gardens –
- To prepare new gardens, apply 3-6 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp. per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 2-4 oz. (depending on plant size and desired growth rate) once each month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs –
- For new plantings, add 1-2 tbsp. per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5-10 lbs. per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
- For established trees, spread 1 lb. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line. Mix into soil and water in well.
Storage: Please store away from pets.
Cannot Be Shipped To: NH,ND,PR,RI,WV,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dust mask is recommended for application of any dry fertilizer product.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Derived from Fish Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Feather Meal, Langbeinite, Basalt, Potassium Sulfate, Dolomite and Kelp Meal.
- 4.0%.....Total Nitrogen (N)
- 4.0%.....Available Phosphate (P2O4)
- 4.0%.....Potash (K2O)
- 6.0%.....Calcium (Ca)
- 1.0%.....Magnesium (Mg)
- 0.4%.....Iron (Fe)