- Shipping Info
Down To Earth Vegetable Garden is an OMRI listed all-purpose fertilizer that provides dynamic and balanced nutrition to give your vegetables and herbs the ideal start to healthy plants with increased production. The NPK (Nitrogen (N), Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K)) in this mix is in equal proportions to harmonize perfectly. The Nitrogen is crucial for abundant, green and healthy leaf growth. The Phosphorus stimulates flower and fruit production, creating more vivid blooms and plumper, more plentiful fruit. Potassium (or Potash) sets the groundwork for a healthy garden by helping to form stronger, better plants; it promotes vital cell growth and resistance to plant stressors. The NPK is not the only star in this mix, however. The Calcium provided will help keep tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers from developing Blossom End Rot. Additionally, this fertilizer has a 6:1 Calcium to Magnesium ratio that is beneficial to most any plant.
Vegetable Garden 4-4-4 comes in a 100% recycled paperboard box that has been printed with vegetable-based inks. When empty, this box can be shredded and added to your compost pile.
Suggested Use: For planting and transplanting in vegetable, herb and container gardens. Also works well when planting and transplanting trees and shrubs.
Vegetable & Herb Gardens –
- To prepare new gardens, apply 3-6 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp. per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 2-4 oz. (depending on plant size and desired growth rate) once each month during the growing season.
- For new plantings, add 1-2 tbsp. per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5-10 lbs. per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
- For established trees, spread 1 lb. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line. Mix into soil and water in well.
Storage: Please store away from pets.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AR,AZ,CO,CT,DC,DE,FL,GA,HI,IA,ID,IL,IN,KS,KY,LA,MA,MD,MS,MO,NC,ND,NH,NJ,NY,OK,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,VA,VT,WA,WI,WV,WY,PR
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dust mask is recommended for application of any dry fertilizer product.
Active Ingredients: Derived from Fish Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Feather Meal, Langbeinite, Basalt, Potassium Sulfate, Dolomite and Kelp Meal.
- 4.0%.....Total Nitrogen (N)
- 4.0%.....Available Phosphate (P2O4)
- 4.0%.....Potash (K2O)
- 6.0%.....Calcium (Ca)
- 1.0%.....Magnesium (Mg)
- 0.4%.....Iron (Fe)