Down to Earth Vegetable Garden 4-4-4 is an OMRI listed, all-purpose fertilizer that provides dynamic nutrition throughout the growing season. This balanced blend gives your vegetables and herbs the ideal start to health and increased production along with a boost of calcium to prevent blossom end rot on susceptible crops like tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers. Additionally, this fertilizer has a 6:1 Calcium to Magnesium ratio - ideal for most plants.
Note: Down to Earth's packaging uses a 100% recycled paperboard box that has been printed with vegetable-based inks. When empty, this box can be shredded and added to your compost pile.
Suggested Use: For planting and transplanting in vegetable, herb and container gardens. Also works well when planting and transplanting trees and shrubs.
Vegetable & Herb Gardens –
- To prepare new gardens, apply 3-6 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp. per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 2-4 oz. (depending on plant size and desired growth rate) once each month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs –
- For new plantings, add 1-2 tbsp. per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5-10 lbs. per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
- For established trees, spread 1 lb. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line. Mix into soil and water in well.
Storage: Please store away from pets.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AR,CO,CT,DE,FL,IA,IN,KS,KY,LA,MS,MO,ND,NH,NJ,NY,OK,PA,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,VA,VT,WI, WV,WY,PR
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dust mask is recommended for application of any dry fertilizer product.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Derived from Fish Bone Meal, Alfalfa Meal, Feather Meal, Langbeinite, Basalt, Potassium Sulfate, Dolomite and Kelp Meal.
- 4.0%.....Total Nitrogen (N)
- 4.0%.....Available Phosphate (P2O4)
- 4.0%.....Potash (K2O)
- 6.0%.....Calcium (Ca)
- 1.0%.....Magnesium (Mg)
- 0.4%.....Iron (Fe)