DTE Kelp Meal is an organic dry fertilizer made from kelp that comes from the North Atlantic Ocean. This Ascophyllum nodosum seaweed is hand-harvested, thoroughly dried, and then milled into a fine meal. Kelp meal has been used as a fertilizer for thousands of years, and this modern take on it provides all the beneficial vitamins and minerals in an easy to apply form.
- Provides a rich natural source of potash
- OMRI Listed & CDFA Registered
- Can be used on all types of vegetables, flowers, herbs and perennials
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
3 cups ≈ 1 lb; ½ cup ≈ 3.5 oz; 2 tbsp ≈ 1 oz.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds:
- To prepare new gardens, apply 1-2 lbs per 100 square feet and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tsp per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 1-2 tsp per plant once each month during the growing season.
- For new plantings, add 1-2 tbsp per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 2½ lbs per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tsp per gallon into the soil surface each month during the growing season.
- New gardens: apply ¼ cup sq ft.; mix into top 3" of soil.
- New transplants: add 1 tsp. per hole; mix into soil and water.
- Established plants: side dress 1-2 tsp. per plant once a month during growing season.
- New plantings: add 1-2 tbsps. per gallon of soil and mix.
- Established plants: mix 1 tbsp. per gallon into the soil; once a month during growing season.
Cannot Be Shipped To: CT,IA,ND,PR,WV,WY
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
TOTAL NITROGEN (N)......................1.0%
........1.0% Water Soluble Nitrogen
AVAILABLE PHOSPHATE (P2 O5)......0.1%
SOLUBLE POTASH (K2 O).................2.0%
Derived from: Sea Kelp (Ascophyllum nodosum)