Des-X Insecticidal Soap is a contact insecticide that contains carefully selected fatty acid salts (soaps), chosen for their high degree of efficacy in insect control. This organic product can be used throughout the growing cycle, including up to the day of harvest, but is especially useful for treating plants before the release of biological control agents. It is also excellent for spot-treating areas of damaging insect activity inside greenhouses before releasing beneficial insects and mites. This insecticidal soap works on contact with the target pest. It will penetrate the body of the pest and cause death through disruption of the membrane and interference with normal cell functions.
- Compatible with biological control agents and beneficial insects and mites
- Effective against the adult, larval and nymph stages of target pests. Pupal stages of some pests may also be affected.
- Formulated for smooth and thorough spreading on plant surfaces.
- An ideal choice for use in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program.
- May be used on edible crops up to and including day of harvest after a minimum spray interval of 12 hours – 0-day PHI (pre-Harvest Interval) and 12-hr REI (Restricted Entry Interval).
- Contact mode of action makes this an excellent candidate for a resistance management program.
- Use with care on blooms. Determine sensitivity before spraying.
- Poinsettias may be sensitive. Do not apply after coloring of bracts has begun.
- Can be used on the following plants and trees: Alfalfa, bananas, bedding plants, blueberries, canola, citrus, cotton, cranberries, flowering foliage, fruit and nut trees, grapes, houseplants (greenhouse and outdoors), olives, ornamental and shade trees, pineapples, raspberries, soybeans, strawberries, sugar beets, tobacco, vegetables (field and greenhouse) and wheat.
- Do not use on sweet peas, nasturtiums, delicate ferns, or calmeria and Italia varieties of grapes.
- Use with care on azaleas, bleeding heart, camellia, corn, euphorbia, fuchsia, gardenia, geraniums, impatiens, hawthorn, horse chestnut, jade plant, Japanese maple, lantana, mountain ash, ornamental ivy, palms, poinsettias and succulents.
Shop all Certis Biologicals products here.
For more detailed information, including crop and pest-specific applications and use restrictions, please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Adelgids, Aphids, Earwigs, Flea Hoppers, Lace bugs, Leafhoppers, Mealybugs, Mites, Pear Slug larvae, Plant Bugs, Psyllids, Rose Slug larvae, Sawfly (adults & larvae), Scale, Spider Mites, Tent caterpillars, Wooly Aphids and Whiteflies.
For field applications apply 2% formulation, 2 gal of product/100 gal of water (4.07 lb Tech/gal) at a rate of 75-200 gal/acre (16.10-16.26 lbs ai/acre) using ground spraying equipment.
- For best results, commence treatment when infestation is first noticed.
- Thoroughly spray insect pests on plants with diluted product to wetting. Minimize runoff to reduce plant injury on sensitive plants.
- This product is a contact spray and is effective in its liquid state. Pests need to be contacted with spray solution to be effective. Efforts should be made to thoroughly reach all plant parts including the undersides of leaves.
- Repeat treatment every 1-2 weeks as needed.
- Apply to a maximum of three (3) consecutive applications to ensure plant injury does not occur. Additional applications may be possible if previous experience with repeat applications of the product under the same conditions have not produced plant injury.
- May be used on edible crops up to and including day of harvest after a minimum spray interval of 12 hours.(0-day PHI and 12-hr REI).
Do not use when plants are under stress. Do not apply to new seedlings and transplants without determining sensitivity (phytotoxicity) first. Avoid spraying during full sun. Spray early in the morning or evening or when overcast. Do not apply to evergreens during drought and use caution when tender new foliage is present. If concerned about the sensitivity of plants, apply to individual plants or small areas and wait a couple of days to determine if plant damage occurs prior to treatment of larger areas. Use with care on blooms.
For more detailed instructions and use restrictions, including tank mixing applications as well as crop and pest-specific applications, please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
This product may be hazardous to aquatic invertebrates. Do not apply directly to water, areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water by cleaning of equipment or disposal of equipment wash waters.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal.
Warning & Toxicities:
Keep out of reach of children. Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Cause substantial but temporary eye injury. Causes skin irritation. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing. Wear protective eye gear (goggles, face shield or safety glasses). Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Remove contaminated clothing and wash before reuse.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
(Ingredients by weight)
Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids.........47%
Contains 4.07 lb. Technical per Gallon.