Eco-friendly CowPots are a terrific alternative to peat pots for use in seed starting and growing seedlings. CowPots are made from composted cow manure. They are odor-free, biodegradable, and can be transplanted into the soil with your plant. The 6-cell pots are perfect for compact spaces and for mixed seeding.
Dimensions: 6" x 4.75" x 5"
Great for planting woody/bushy herbs like rosemary, thyme or sage as well as late season crops including chrysanthemums; once planted, pot size maintains ability to quickly decompose.
- Moisten the CowPots™ and fill with potting soil.
- Plant seeds or transplant seedling into the pot.
- Water and fertilize as needed.
- When seedlings are ready to be up-potted or transplanted there is no need to disturb plant roots.
- Just place the plant in the pot directly into soil.
- To allow the roots to grow more easily, slice the side of the CowPots™ using a utility knife and open out the sides before placing in the soil.
- Water thoroughly making sure that the pot is moist all the way through – this will aid in the decomposition of the pot.
Once planted, ≈3-4 months in a greenhouse setting. If not planted and stored in a cool dry place, shelf life is indefinite.
Write a review
Jun 6, 2020 | By RUTHANN WHITE
Will use again
May 13, 2020 | By Samantha Mullins
Like them but.....
Feb 27, 2019 | By Rhetta L Jack