- Shipping Info
Codling moths do immense damage to fruit and nut crops throughout most of the world (with the interesting exception of Japan and Western Australia). Here in North America, it has become a major destructive force in apple orchards. The Oriental Fruit Moth is a native of China, but it has found its way around the world as well. Both types of moths produce larvae that feast on developing fruit. These larvae are voracious eaters and can tunnel into and destroy every bit of fruit produced by the tree. While these types of infestations are not fatal to the tree itself, they can lead to other secondary tree diseases. These traps work to lure the adult moths as they gather near the tree to mate; once close enough, they are caught on the sticky trap and perish. These traps only work on the flying adult moths and only stop the ones caught from reproducing; they do not kill the larvae. Close observation and alternative methods should be considered for more complete coverage.
Suggested Uses: Use to monitor, trap and kill adult Coding and Oriental Fruit moths on fruit and nut tree crops. For us against Codling Moths (Cydia pomonella) and Oriental Fruit Moths (Graphita molesta) on orchard crops such as: Apricot (Prunus armeniaca), Almond (Prunus dulcis), Quince (Cydonia oblonga), Plum (Prunus spp.), Cherry (Prunus avium), Apple (Malus pumila), Peach (Prunus persica), Pear (Pyrus spp.) and English Walnut (Juglans regia).
- Place traps at least 2 weeks before buds break for best results.
- Place 2 traps high in tree, 2 feet in from either edge of foliage.
- Use one trap for small or dwarf trees.
- Maintain a foliage-free space of 12-18" around the trap.
- NEVER hang trap below foliage canopy or closer than 4 feet to the ground.
- Lure lasts 8 weeks. For best results, replace both trap and lure every 8 weeks.
- If trap surface becomes extremely dirty or covered with insects before the 8 weeks is up, replace the trap as soon as possible. Simply transfer the lure into a new, clean trap. Replacement traps can be either Diamond or Delta style traps.
Storage: Refrigerate or freeze lures in their protective packets to prolong shelf life. Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not open until ready to use.
What's In The Package: 2 diamond traps, 2 lures and complete assembly and use instructions
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children and pets. Avoid contact of sticky surface with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, or using tobacco. If irritation occurs, seek medical attention.