This lightweight, yet heavy-duty, half-gallon (2 qt.) sized trap can stand up to the elements and keep working for months of fly control. It only takes three easy steps to get things going with this trap: dump attractant in, add water and place outside. Rinse and rebait when it dries out or becomes full of flies, or after 30 days - whichever comes first. Take care to choose a location that is away from where you and your animals want to be as this trap is very smelly and will quickly attract lots of flies. Comes with one 30 gm. water-soluble attractant pouch that activates once wet.
Suggested Uses: Use to attract, trap and kill filth-breeding flies.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Attracts filth-breeding flies, including house flies (Musca domestica), blow flies (Calliphoridae spp.), flesh flies (Sarcophagidae spp.), blue bottle flies (Calliphora vomitoria), green bottle flies (Lucilia sericata), dump flies (Hydrotaea) and dung flies (Scathophagidae).
Mixing & Uses:
- Bait and use trap outdoors.
- Tear open packet containing fly attractant.
- Place water-soluble attractant pouch into trap. Do not open pouch; it will activate and dissolve in water.
- Add 1 quart of clean water to fill line to activate the attractant.
- Securely replace top of trap. Be sure center baffle assembly is snapped into the open position.
- Agitate lightly to disperse attractant.
- Hang trap outside from handle or tab on top of jug or place trap on ground outside in a sunlit area of high fly concentration when flies are active and where odors will not be a problem.
- For best results, place trap within four feet of the ground.
- In hot weather (above 90°F), place trap in shade for better results; in cooler weather, place trap in full sun.
- Agitate trap contents occasionally to thoroughly wet trapped flies. Add water to the trap as necessary to maintain the fluid level.
- Rebait trap when it dries out or becomes full of flies, or after 30 days - whichever comes first.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling.
- Trap may be rinsed and refilled with Starbar® Fly Attractant Refill.
Not for indoor use, nor for use against biting flies. Contents may give off a bad odor, do not allow contents to contact hands or clothing.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children.