Back in 1892, on the grounds of an abandoned rum distillery on a Caribbean island, a soil sample was collected. In this soil they found a unique bacterium with insecticidal qualities. Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew is derived from the Spinosad developed from this bacterium. Spinosad works on the insect's nervous system, causing paralysis and then death in 1-2 days. Since the insects are paralyzed, they may stay on the plants and be mistaken for live insects; always check for Spinosad' s effect 2-3 days after spraying to evaluate control in the insect population. Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew is meant to be used for control of the listed insects and should not adversely impact beneficial insects, spiders and predatory mites.
Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew is also available in a dust formulation.
Shop all Bonide products here.
Suggested Uses: For use on fruiting vegetables (tomato, pepper, okra, eggplant), cucurbits (cantaloupe and honeydew), cole crops (Brassica), leafy vegetables (lettuce, spinach, celery), tuberous vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, Jerusalem artichokes, Chinese artichokes, cassava), stone fruits (peaches, plums, cherries, nectarines, prunes, apricots), apple and other pome fruits (pears, cranapples, mayhaw, quince), bushberries and cranberries (blackberry, blueberry, raspberry).
In the state of Georgia do not apply this product to Broccoli Rabe, Chinese Cabbage (Bok Choy), collards, kale, mustard greens, mustard spinach and rape greens.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Bagworms (Psychidae), Borers, Beetles (Coleoptera), Spongy Moth formerly Gypsy Moth (Lymantria dispar dispar), Caterpillars (Lepidoptera), Codling Moth (Cydia pomonella), Red Imported Fire Ants, Leafminers, Spider Mites (Tetranychidae), Tent caterpillars (Malacosoma americanum), Thrips (Thysanoptera) and more.
Shake well before use. Apply when listed pests are present. Apply when wind is very light or absent (usually in the early morning or evening) to prevent drift and loss of product to adjacent areas. A thorough and complete application (a thin, uniform film) to both the tops and undersides of leaves is critical to success. Follow instructions on label for details on treating and re-application on specific plant varieties.
For the Ready-to-Use (RTU) Spray:
- This product may be applied directly from this container.
- Do not make overhead applications with this product container. For tall (greater than 6 ft.ht.), mature trees use Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew Concentrate with a sprayer.
- This product may be applied with a trigger sprayer, hand-held, backpack or hose-end sprayer. Use a hose-end sprayer that can be adjusted to provide a dilution ratio of about 2 fl. oz. of this product (4 Tbsp.) per gallon of spray.
- Add the required amount of this product to the specified amount of water, mix thoroughly, and apply uniformly to both upper and lower surfaces of plant foliage.
- Mix only as much spray as needed for a single treatment.
- For best results in vegetable gardens, do not use more than 3 gallons of spray for 1000 sq. ft. of area.
- Do not use kitchen utensils for measuring.
- Keep measuring utensils with product away from children.
For the Ready-to-Spray (RTS):
- Make sure control knob is in "OFF" position, and then connect to garden hose.
- Turn water on at faucet.
- When spraying low growing plants and small shrubs, twist the control knob right, to the "FAN" position.
- When spraying taller trees, shrubs and other plants, twist the control knob left to the "STREAM" position for extended reach and more uniform coverage.
- The product mixes automatically with the water as you spray.
|Unit of Measure||Per Pint (16 fl. oz.)||Per Quart (32 fl. oz.)||Per Gallon (128 fl. oz.)|
|Fluid Ounces (fl. oz.)||0.025 fl. oz.||0.5 fl. oz.||2 fl. oz.|
|Tablespoons (Tbsp.)||0.5 Tbsp.||1 Tbsp.||4 Tbsp.|
Environment: For outdoor residential use only. For use on lawn, gardens and ornamentals.
Storage: Store in original container only in secure or locked storage area. Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,HI
Ready To Use formulation can ship to all states.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children.
For outdoor residential use only. Not for use on plants being grown for sale or other commercial use, or for commercial seed product or research purposes.
This product is toxic to bees for 3 hours following treatment. Do not apply this pesticide to blooming, pollen-shedding or nectar-producing parts of plants if bees may forage on the plants during this time period.
This product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid runoff to water bodies or drainage systems.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
0.5%..........Spinosad (a mixture of spinosyn A and spinosyn D)
Contains 0.04 lbs of active ingredient per gallon.