Dechlorinate & Dechloramine Your Water Before Use! Great For Organic Gardeners, Compost Tea Users & No-Till Growers!
Before you build your soil, plant your organic crops or prepare to welcome pollinators, consider the local quality of water when cultivating your growing area. The Boogie Blue Basic filters will last for 10,000-50,000 gallons of spray volume while the Boogie Blue Plus filters will last for 40,000-50,000 gallons. Both filter and remove up to 99% of the chlorine and 87% of the chloramine compounds used in municipal water supplies.
Boogie Blue filters provide effective filtration of chemicals commonly used within municipalities as well as salt content in water. Most municipal water systems use chlorine and chloramine compounds to sanitize the water by killing a majority of biological life contained in it. This results in water that is high in chemical elements ready to be transferred to your soil and plants when feeding and watering. Even non-municipal water, such as wells, can have unpleasantly high levels of heavy metals and pesticide residue. These compounds inhibit healthy microbial growth in the soil and can harm desirable microorganisms (mycorrhizae, beneficial nematodes) and beneficial insects.
Boogie Blue filters attach quickly and use catalytic carbon and/or KDF membranes to reduce chlorine, chloramine, pesticide residue, mercury, heavy metals, dissolved solids, fluoride and other chemical compounds in your water. You can use Boogie Blue filters for indoor, outdoor and container gardens, fish tanks, koi ponds, washing pets and livestock, filling swimming pools, RV water hookups, making compost teas, in hydroponic systems and anywhere else you need high quality water.
Boogie Blue Filter Use Tips:
- Attach filter to any standard ¾" hose.
- Before initial use, flush filter by running water through it for one minute, or until water runs clear.
- Flush hose thoroughly before reuse.
- If possible, keep attached to hose system when not in use. Keep closed at both male and female ends with caps if not attached to a hose system.
- Occasional back-flushing is recommended to aid in lifespan maintenance.
- DO NOT discard end caps – save for future storage.
Suggested Uses: Indoor growing, outdoor and container gardens, fish tanks, koi ponds, watering pets and livestock, filling swimming pools, RV water hookups, making compost teas, hydroponic systems and anywhere else you need high quality water.
- When not in use, keep attached to hose system or keep closed at both male and female ends with caps.
- Do not leave filter under constant water pressure. This could lead to thread damage and affect the filters ability to connect to the hose.
- When storing, do not allow filter to dry out. Replace end caps and place in an airtight, resealable bag. Sufficient humidity is needed to maintain the carbon-block's structural porosity and effectiveness.