FREE SHIPPING on non-pallet sizes!
The foundation of AQUABAC Xt is a naturally occurring soil bacteria known as Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (Bti) that acts as a biological larvicide (biolarvicide). When applied to almost any aquatic habitat where mosquitoes and black flies breed, this microbial insecticide is highly effective against these pests in the larval stage. The liquid formulation of AQUABAC Xt is also a great choice for controlling aquatic midges, which can be quite troublesome in wastewater treatment plants and waterways.
The Bti in AQUABAC Xt works as an insecticide by producing a protein (insecticidal crystal protein – ICP) that is lethal to the pest larvae once it is ingested. This deadly process occurs rapidly after application; some will die within hours with complete larval mortality within 24 hours. Since AQUABAC Xt must be ingested by the larvae to perform as an insecticide, this product will not be effective against insect pupae and adults. Insects in the late larval stages that are no longer actively feeding are also not affected.
AQUABAC Xt is a stellar choice for those that are seeking a powerful, proven and convenient insecticide that will not harm the environment. Benefits of using AQUABAC Xt include:
- It does not persist in water or soil. Its active ingredient of Bti is already found in the soil and the protein crystals it produces will separate naturally from the water and settle on the bottom. Once they settle, these crystals become food for other organisms or break down organically.
- AQUABAC Xt has shown no cross resistance to chemical insecticides.
- It can be used in areas where resistance to organophosphates or pyrethroids has been observed.
- AQUABAC Xt is not poisonous to beneficial insects like lady bird beetles (ladybugs), dragonflies, honeybees, mayflies, damselflies, stoneflies, caddisflies, and true bugs.
- Is will not harm aquatic creatures such as Crustacea (including Copepod species), oysters, shrimp, crabs, mollusks, flatworms and Amphibia.
- Bti-based larvicides have been used for more than 20 years in major mosquito and black fly eradication and control programs without any harmful side effects reported.
Suggested Uses: For use as a microbial insecticide against mosquitoes, fungus gnats, nuisance flies and nuisance aquatic midges in a variety of locations where water is present. These include: man-made and natural ponds and lakes, wastewater treatment facilities, sewage lagoons, irrigation ditches, catch basins, rice fields and any standing water containing mosquito larvae in fields growing crops.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Mosquitoes, Black Flies, Fungus Gnats, nuisance flies of the Psychoda and Chironomus spp. and nuisance aquatic midges of the Chironomine family.
Applying the AQUABAC Xt is a simple process: simply spray the AQUABAC Xt into the water where the larvae are present and let the Bti do the rest. For Mosquito Control:
For Black Fly Control:
- Apply AQUABAC Xt in conventional aerial and ground application equipment with sufficient water to provide thorough coverage of the target area. The amount of water depends on weather, type of spray equipment and mosquito habitat.
- Make ground applications in 1-100 gallons of water per acre in conventional equipment. Use as low as 1 gallon of water per acre of surface area when the target area is open with light vegetative cover.
- Make aerial applications diluted or undiluted. For specifics on this application, please see the product label under the MSDS tab.
For Nuisance Fly Control
- Apply with conventional ground equipment or metered release systems.
- Apply to infested sites to achieve larvicidal concentrations.
- Insecticidal activity will occur within 24 hours.
- Reapply as needed.
For Nuisance Aquatic Midge Control:
- For control of nuisance flies (Psychoda spp. and Chironomus spp.) in sewage treatment facilities utilizing trickling filter systems.
- See "Application Rates" for specific application instructions.
- For control of Chironomine midges (Chironominae: Chironomine) inhabiting shallow lakes and ponds (both man-made and natural lakes).
- See "Application Rates" for specific application rates.
| Flood water, roadside ditches, irrigation ditches, rice fields, pastures, woodland pools, snowmelt pools, standing ponds, standing pools, standing water containing mosquito larvae in fields growing crops such as alfalfa, almonds, asparagus, corn, cotton, dates, grapes, peaches and walnuts: 0.25-2.0 pints per 100 gallons. Use higher application rates in polluted water and when late 3rd and early 4th instar larvae predominate, mosquito populations are high, water is heavily polluted, and/or algae are abundant.|
| Tidal water, Salt Marshes, Catch Basins, and Storm Water Retention Areas: 0.50-2.0 pts. per 100 gallons|
|Polluted water (sewage lagoons, animal waste lagoons, etc.), water with moderate organic matter, and water with a high concentration of suspended solids: 1.0-2.0 pints per 100 gallons|
|Black Flies ||Concentration Range: 0.50-75 ppm (0.50-75 mg of BMP 144 (2X)/liter of stream water). Maintain the concentration in the stream for 15 minutes using ground application equipment or metered release systems.|
| Nuisance Flies (Psychoda spp. and Chironomus spp.) || Trickling filter system of wastewater treatment plants: 10-50 ppm (10-50 mg per liter) of wastewater feed to the system per 30 minutes. Use higher rates for control of Chironomus spp. Apply undiluted with a pre-calibrated pump or other device into the wastewater feeding into the filters for a minimum period of 30 minutes. Repeat applications as needed. Control of Chironomus spp. can take up to 2 weeks.|
| Nuisance Aquatic Midges (Chironominae: Chironomine) || Shallow lakes and ponds "per sewage" oxidation ponds (less than an acre, not more than 6 feet deep): 1 gallon per acre (3.80 liters/acre) |
Apply diluted with water in a total volume of 5 gal/acre by pouring or spraying over the surface to be treated with a pre-calibrated device. Repeat applications as necessary. Control of Chironomine midges can take up to 2 weeks.
Environment: For use in a variety of aquatic habitats including flood water, roadside ditches, irrigation ditches, rice fields, pastures, woodland pools, snow melt pools, standing ponds, standing pools, standing water containing mosquito larvae in fields growing crops, tidal water, salt marshes, catch basins, storm water retention areas, sewage lagoons, animal waste lagoons, sewage treatment facilities and wastewater treatment plants.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal. Store in a cool (59-86°F or 15-30°C), dry place.
Free shipping applies to SKU 1211160 & SKU 1211162. The pallet size (SKU 1211162) requires a freight quote for shipment and must be ordered over the phone. Call us at 1-800-827-2847 for inquiries about pallets of AQUABAC Xt.
Cannot Be Shipped To: NY
Warning & Toxicities: AQUABAC Xt can be hazardous to humans and domestic animals. Harmful if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Avoid breathing spray mist. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before use. Please see the MSDS tab for specific information regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Use Safety Recommendations.
Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
Environmental Hazards: Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate. Do not apply directly to treated, finished drinking water reservoirs or drinking water receptacles when water is intended for human consumption.
Shelf Life: 2 years at room temperature, 3 years refrigerated
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
8.00%.........Bacillus thuringiensis subspecies israelensis Strain BMP 144 solids, spores & insecticidal toxins*
*Equivalent to 1,200 International Toxic Units (ITU/mg) (4.84 Billion ITU/gallon or 1.2 Billion ITU/liter).
Note: The percent active ingredient does not indicate product performance and potency measurements are not federally standardized.