Down to Earth's Alfalfa Meal is an excellent fertilizer and soil amendment that is brimming with the nutrients that your plants need for brisk growth and dynamic development. This organic dry product is sourced from non-GMO, sun-cured alfalfa that's been freshly milled to retain the optimal nutrient level. This alfalfa meal contains key macronutrients, numerous vitamins and minerals and Folic Acid, Magnesium (Mg), Iron (Fe) and Sulfur (S). Additionally, the amino acid content works in the soil to stimulate accelerated breakdown of nutritional sources in the soil, freeing up more for your plants. With DTE Alfalfa Meal you'll avoid the nitrogen burn that can accompany other high nitrogen fertilizers, making it especially suitable for delicate plants and brewed teas.
- Use as a soil amendment/fertilizer to boost plant growth and development.
- OMRI Listed & CDFA Registered.
- Use in compost teas and composting to accelerate decomposition and increase microbial proliferation.
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
3½ cups ≈ 1 lb; ½ cup ≈ 2 oz; 1 tbsp ≈ 0.5 oz
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds –
- For existing roses, apply ½-1 cup per plant in early spring and thoroughly mix into the soil surface.
- For new roses, add 1/2-1 cup per hole, mixing thoroughly into soil and water in well.
- Repeat application when blooms appear and again in fall at half the recommended amount.
- To prepare new gardens, apply 5-10 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp. per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 1/2 cup once each month during the growing season to promote plant growth.
Trees & Shrubs –
- For new plantings, add 2-4 tbsp. per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5 lbs. per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
- Spread up to 1 lb. per 2" of trunk diameter around the base outward to the drip line. Mix into soil surface and water in well.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use the amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
Cannot Be Shipped To: CT,FL,IA,KS,KY,ND,PR,RI,SD,WV,WY
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Derived from Alfalfa Meal.
2.5%..........Total Nitrogen (N)
- 2.5% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
2.5%..........Soluble Potash (K2
Write a review
Alfalfa is the best overall fertilizer
Jun 29, 2020 | By Jan