Restore Your Soil & Maximize Its Potential With Organic Alfalfa Meal!
Down to Earth's Alfalfa Meal is brimming with the nutrients that your plants need for brisk growth and dynamic development. This organic fertilizer can be used on vegetables, flowers, herbs, shrubs and trees and is highly recommend for roses. The non-gmo alfalfa this meal comes from is sun-cured and then directly milled to retain as much of the plant nutrients as possible.
In addition to the three key macronutrients, alfalfa meal contains numerous vitamins and minerals including Vitamin B, Folic Acid, Magnesium, Iron and Sulfur. The amino acid content also stimulates the plants and microbial life leading to accelerated breakdown of nutritional sources in the soil, freeing up more for your plants. Ideal for delicate plants and brewed teas, it avoids nitrogen burn that can accompany other high nitrogen fertilizer like blood meal.
Suggested Uses: Use as a soil amendment/fertilizer to boost plant growth and development. Can also be used in compost teas and composting to accelerate decomposition and increase microbial proliferation.
- For existing roses, apply ½-1 cup per plant in early spring and thoroughly mix into the soil surface.
- For new roses, add 1/2-1 cup per hole, mixing thoroughly into soil and water in well.
- Repeat application when blooms appear and again in fall at half the recommended amount.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds –
- To prepare new gardens, apply 5-10 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- For new transplants, add 1-2 tbsp. per hole, mix into soil and water in well.
- To feed established plants, side dress 1/2 cup once each month during the growing season to promote plant growth.
- For new plantings, add 2-4 tbsp. per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly OR add 5 lbs. per cubic yard.
- For established plants, lightly mix 1-2 tbsp. per gallon into the soil surface once each month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs –
- Spread up to 1 lb. per 2" of trunk diameter around the base outward to the drip line. Mix into soil surface and water in well.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix 1-2 cups with the backfill soil. Use the amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AR,CT,FL,IA,IN,KS,KY,MS,ND,OK,PR,RI,SC,SD,VT,WV,WY
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Derived from Alfalfa Meal.
2.5%..........Total Nitrogen (N)
- 2.5% Water Insoluble Nitrogen
2.5%..........Soluble Potash (K2