Ships via Overnight methods on Tuesdays Only. Minimum 7-day lead time prior to shipment. See Shipping Info for details. For Delivery Only. Not available in store.
Amblyseius swirskii are an excellent beneficial mite for preventative control of thrips, whitefly and various mite species. A. swirskii adults resembles Amblyseius cucumeris in appearance and take on the color of what they are consuming. Adult females lay eggs arranged on leaf hairs. When temperatures reach 77°F the larvae hatch and mature to adulthood in about a week. This predatory beneficial prefers warm, humid environments but survives cooler nights by moving to lower locations on the plants. They do not enter diapause when temperatures cool so they are efficient in areas where temperatures drop below 60°F; however, eggs do not hatch in temperatures that low. Repeated releases of adults will be necessary in the presence of low temperatures. Depending on the stage of development, the Amblyseius swirskii can consume about 10 thrips or whitefly larvae a day and up to about 20 whitefly eggs per day. This beneficial can survive by consuming pollen and mold.
- Temperature: 77-85°F (can remain active to 60°F)
- Relative Humidity: 70%
- Release before the onset of infestation.
In warm and humid environments they reproduce quickly. They are an optimal choice for crops grown under protection in warm environments. A. swirskii
can be used until nighttime temperatures drop below 60°F. Sachets are best used preventively. For spot treatment, use liter tubes or bulk bag sizes.
Release Rates: Some crops, including tomatoes & other highly resinous crops, require higher release rates.
- Shaker Tube & Bag – 10 per square foot biweekly as needed. Apply weekly during propagation.
- Sachets on Sticks – Place one stick per propagation tray or pot. Use for young plant starts and when transplanting into pots.
- Mini-Sachets on Hooks – Use one sachet per plant. If plants are touching, use one sachet every three plants. Use once plants mature and can support sachets.
- Bugline – Ingenious design for maximum efficiency. 6 strips or "lanes" of sachets to be pulled across tables, netting or beds. Can be used where there is overhead irrigation. Sachets alternate between 1 active "mite" sachets and 6 empty "spacer" sachets
Sachets will be active for about 4-6 weeks depending on infestation level and predator establishment.
For best results, do not use with A. cucumeris. Amblyseius swirskii is not recommended for use on tomato crop infestations.
PLEASE NOTE: All Mite Predators require additional processing time due to rearing and collection times. Additional information can be found on the Shipping Tab to identify the earliest shipment date. If you have questions about shipment dates, orders can be placed with our sales representatives at 1-800-827-2847.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Mites, Thrips, Whiteflies
A. swirskii are primarily thrips and whitefly predators, but are commonly used for control of various mite species. Release instructions can be found below. If you are a first time user of A. swirskii mite predators, please call us at 1-800-827-2847 to walk through application instructions and best practices.
Make sure the crop and floor are dry when applying. If crop and/or floor are wet, water can enter the packaging and result in some predatory mites being lost.
Mini-Sachets on Sticks: Place sachets on sticks at time of planting and upon transplanting into pots. If you are using them in continued propagation, apply every 4 weeks.
Mini-Sachets with Hooks: Open the shipping box of the sachets in the crop. Separate sachets by tearing along perforations. Do not hang where sachets will be directly exposed to intense sunlight. Hang inside plant canopy where possible. Mites emerge from sachets for 4-6 weeks.
6 x 328 ft Sachet Strips:
- Mini-sachets have attached hooks and can be hung where needed.
Designed to be hung along plant rows or throughout densely planted crops to reduce manual labor on growers. Hang similarly to the mini-sachets within the crop canopy where possible. Ideal for crops being watered by overhead irrigationbecause water runs off the outer surface. Emergence holes stay dry to ensure continued viability.
Shaker Tube: Shake small quantities of predatory mites onto crop where pest pressure is heaviest. Immediately before opening, gently rotate the container to distribute mites evenly throughout the carrier material and continue rotating during application, keeping material mixed.
5 Liter Bag: Apply evenly throughout the crop. Apply to foliage, not to media.
Storage: Keep out of direct sunlight and store in a cool place, but do not refrigerate.
Viability Note: If you plan to check for viability, please do so upon receipt and prior to releasing the beneficial insects. Many predators and parasites are small and can be difficult to spot once released. If you believe there are issues with viability, please contact us at 1-800-827-2847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Will My Order Ship?
- Ships via Overnight shipping methods only. This does not take processing time into account. Overnight Shipping refers to the time frame for delivery after the shipment date.
- Orders ship on Tuesdays only.
- Order by Tuesday for shipment the following Tuesday. 7-day minimum processing time prior to shipment.
- For any questions about shipping restrictions, please call us at 1-800-827-2847.
Certain sizes of this product are shipped in specially designed, water resistant sachets that contain colonies of predatory mites. These colonies contain a mixture of life stages and continue to breed within the sachets once placed. In addition, the sachets allow for controlled release, continued predator emergence, can be used indoors/outdoors, and with overhead irrigation.
Cannot Be Shipped To: HI,PR,VI,GU,AS,PW
What's In The Package:
- Sachets and Sachet Strips are packed with a mixture of A. swirskii life stages and bran to ensure continued release over 4-6 weeks. Sachet Strips are packed at a ratio of 1 full sachet: 6 empty sachets to minimize mite predator losses between plants.
- The 1 Liter Tubes and 5 Liter Bags are packed with vermiculite and adult A. swirskii ready to feed on active mite populations. Tubes contain 25,000 adult predatory mites each.
- 200,000 Bulk size is shipped with bran in a large bag.
Warning & Toxicities: Use within 18 hours of receipt. Do not use adjacent to heating pipes.
Use caution if A. swirskii will be used in locations where Phytoseiulus persimilis and/or Aphidoletes aphidimyza are being used. There can be compatibility issues.
Write a review
Mar 26, 2022 | By Corinne
Thanks Bug Lady and Rasta Jeff
Nov 17, 2020 | By Jonas Johno
Jun 8, 2020 | By Juan C Fabela
May 22, 2020 | By Dankordie
Jan 22, 2019 | By Brandon Hudson