Grandevo WDG uses the bacterium Chromobacterium subtsugae strain PRAA4-1T to provide long-lasting, broad spectrum control of sucking and chewing insects. Grandevo WDG's mode of action is multi-faceted; it is toxic when ingested, it repels and it reduces insect reproduction. For organic production, this pesticide/miticide can be used in IPM on a wide range of ornamental and edible crops in field, hoop house and greenhouse applications for the control of labeled pests. Simply mix with water and apply as a foliar spray.
Benefits of Grandevo WDG:
- OMRI Listed and is NOP (National Organic Program) compliant for organic use.
- 4-hour REI and 0-day PHI.
- WDG formula produces less dust when mixing than standard wettable powders.
- Increases yields by improving plant health. Limits damage to crops and stays working to suppress secondary outbreaks.
- Ideal for use with IRM (Insect Resistance Management) programs. Grandevo's various and complex modes of action makes insects less able to develop resistance over time. Grandevo WDG can be mixed with other resistance-susceptible pesticides to improve efficacy of those products.
- Reduces harm to pollinators and beneficials: Grandevo WDG is less harmful than other similar pesticides. It will repel honeybees for 4-6 days after spraying but has no acute toxicity.
Grandevo has proven effective at limiting population growth of hard to control pests like Asian Citrus Psyllid, Apple Maggots, Corn Rootworm and Spotted Wing Drosophila in a variety of commercial crops. Refer to the product label for pest and crop-specific application rates.
Application Rates: Refer to the Small Tank Mixes/Use Rates sheet for smaller scale applications.
- Cannabis-Specific Pest & Disease Control
- General Applications: Use 1-2 lbs of Grandevo WDG per acre in sufficient water to cover the crop thoroughly. Spray just to the point before runoff.
- Rotational Programs: Use 2-3 lbs per acre in sufficient water to cover the crop. Spray just to the point before runoff.
- Greenhouse Applications: Use 1-3 lbs per 100 gallons of water. Spray just to the point before runoff.
Shop All ProFarm Products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Aphids (Aphidoidea), Whiteflies (Aleyrodoidea), Thrips (Thysanoptera), Mealybugs (Pseudococcidae), Armyworms (Pseudaletia unipuncta), Asian Citrus Psyllids (ACP), Leafhoppers, Lygus, Cutworms, Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD), Loopers, Moths, Sharpshooters, Mites, Earworms, Caterpillars and more.
Application Considerations: Close scouting and early attention to infestations is highly recommended. For insects and mites, proper timing of application targeting new populations or recently hatched larvae is important for optimal results. Applying when populations are low is recommended.
- Thorough coverage of infested plant parts is necessary for effective control. Grandevo WDG does not have systemic activity. For some crops, directed drop nozzles by ground machine are required.
- Under heavy pest populations, apply a knockdown insecticide prior to or in a tank mix with Grandevo WDG. Use the higher label rates, shorten the spray interval and/or increase the spray volume to improve coverage.
- Repeat applications at an interval sufficient to maintain control, depending upon plant growth rate, insect and mite activity and other factors. If attempting to control an insect population with a single application, make the treatment when egg hatch is essentially complete but when larvae or nymphs are young and before economic damage occurs.
- To enhance population management, consider tank mixing with contact insecticides/miticides. Use the lower label rates when populations are low and when tank mixing with other insecticides/miticides. Use the higher rates when applied stand-alone, when populations are high or when egg numbers are high.
- For hard-to-wet crops, consider using a spreader/sticker or adjuvant that has been targeted for crop use to enhance coverage and adhesion to the crop.
- Grandevo WDG has been evaluated for phototoxicity on a variety of crops under various normal growing conditions. However, testing on all crop varieties, in all mixtures and combinations, is not feasible. Prior to treating entire crop, test a small portion of the crop for sensitivity.
- Do not spray when wind speed favors drift beyond the area intended for use.
For more details on applications for specific crops and pests, please refer to the label found under the DOCS tab.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal. Store container in a cool, dry place. Non-refillable container. Do not reuse or refill container.
Warning & Toxicities: HAZARDS TO HUMANS AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. Keep out of reach of children. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
- This product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas.
- This product is toxic to certain non-target terrestrial arthropods. Minimize spray drift away from target area to reduce effects to non-target insects.
- This product is toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment or residues on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product if bees are visiting the treatment area.
- For terrestrial uses: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
Shelf Life: 3 years
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: 30.00%...........Chromobacterium subtsugae strain PRAA4-1T and spent fermentation media*
*Contains not less than 1000 Cabbage Looper Killing Units (CLKU)/mg. Note: The percent active ingredient does not indicate product performance and potency measurements are not federally standardized.