Environmentally friendly WeedGuardPlus can save you worry, work, money and time and help increase your yields. This paper weed block can be used by conventional growers and is adaptable to nearly any size growing operation in nearly any environment.
- 100% biodegradable: Will slowly degrade over the months of your growing season. Once you harvest, you can simply till WeedGuardPlus under and you will have healthier soil for your next year's crop. In fact, you can add 400 lbs. of carbon per acre if you do this. So much better than unsightly plastic that has to be removed.
- Saves time: Just lay WeedGuardPlus down before you plant and save yourself countless hours of weeding, spraying or disposing of materials. You can also apply it right on top of existing weeds and/or invasive plant roots and smother them out.
- Saves money: No need to buy expensive herbicides. It also eliminates the costs involved weeding labor and in the removing and disposing of plastics.
- Improves yields: Your plants will have a chance to establish themselves without competing with weeds. Additionally, if you apply WeedGuardPlus early in the season (which is strongly suggested), the material will help warm the soil and aid germination. Well established plants = healthier plants = higher yields.
- Porous yet strong: This covering is porous, so plants can be watered by natural rainfall or by other means. It also allows air to flow, so that delicate roots and leaves will not be overheated by the sun. The heavy weight variety maintains this porosity while still being able to withstand all but the most severe of weather.
WeedGuardPlus is not just for gardening. It is also an excellent choice for:
- Landscaping/Xeriscapes: Great for decorative areas that are contoured - just trim to fit a shape. Grow a lush lawn - lay over old lawn, bare areas or weeds; add topsoil and grass seed and watch your grass grow!
- Edible landscapes: This cross between gardening and landscaping has found a following in urban areas and backyards across the country. Creates a weed-free division between the garden and decorative areas.
- Botanical gardens: Pamper unusual or just beautiful plants by allowing them to flourish weed-free.
- Habitat Restorations: Removing invasive species and replacing them with native ones while avoiding toxic pesticides is the goal here. WeedGuardPlus can easily subdue those unwanted non-native plants and help the native ones to grow.
- Reforestation: The U.S. Forest Service uses WeedGuardPlus to help new tree plantings get established. This has been wildly successful in California for bringing forests back from wildfires. In one such project in Cuyamaca Rancho State Park, seedlings planted with WeedGuardPlus achieved a 95.9% survival rate.
These durable Heavy Weight rolls are excellent for textured soils and/or those projects that are meant to be long-term, such as landscaping (use 2 layers when establishing new plantings), re-forestation and long-season or overwintered crops. They are 54% heavier than the standard rolls and offer weed control that lasts 12 or more months.
Suggested Uses: Use in conventional growing for super weed suppression and to boost yields in an environmentally friendly manner.
Shop All WeedGuardPlus Products here.
Use WeedGuardPlus Smooth for Flat Bed Layer.
Manual Application – Put WeedGuardPlus in place before you install transplants or seedlings, or before you sow seeds. Simply prepare the ground, place over the soil, and cover the edges with dirt.
Application with a Flat Bed Layer –
NOTE: Product may be affected by variances in weather or soil conditions.
- Take all the tension off the rolls; they should unwind freely. Rolls should be level and move freely without any tension. DO NOT lay out on a windy day.
- If you are using a 3 point hitch - take all the sway out.
- Trailing pneumatic tires need to be perfectly vertical (no tilt) and be aligned on the outer 2" of the roll. Discs should be 3-4" away from the edge.
- After set up is complete, try laying out the WeedGuardPlus. Wheels should ride on outer edge and just rest on the roll without pressure. Keep furrows shallow.
- IMPORTANT: Have someone walk behind to observe and locate source of any tears.
- Wheels usually need adjustment (up, down, in, out) - no tilt, no angle, no pressure.
Environment: Can be used in Production Agriculture, Landscaping, Habitat Restoration, Reforestation, Hoop Houses, High Tunnels, Home Gardens, Urban Farms and more.
Storage: Store in a dry area.
Due to weight limits, max online purchase quantity: 7
For larger quantities, call 1-800-827-2847.
Write a review
Perfect for the Job
May 5, 2022 | By Martin Ryan
Jun 29, 2020 | By larry S ogee
May 14, 2020 | By HK Lind