This OMRI listed, naturally mined crystalline mineral provides your soil with the water-soluble sulfate form of potassium, magnesium and sulfurs. These three plant nutrients are key to growing high quality plants and when offered in the form of Langbeinite your plants will benefit from its unique qualities:
- A maximum chlorine content of 3.0% that reduces the danger of fertilizer burn.
- The fine particles of this standard grade has a typical SGN (Size Guide Number) of 95, which makes for superior solubility and uptake.
- A neutral pH that will not alter microbial activity or nutrient availability in soil.
Down To Earth's Langbeinite (0-0-22) is highly recommended for use on delicate fruit and vegetables crops that need high fertilization rates but are not able to handle high levels of chlorine or soluble salts. Approved for organic production.
Suggested Uses: For use as a fertilizer on a variety of crops in flower beds, vegetable gardens, rows and containers. Can also be used on trees and shrubs.
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds –
- New Garden Prep – Apply 1-2 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and thoroughly mix into the top 3" of soil.
- Established Plants – Side dress 1-2 tbsp. per plant, depending on size of plant, once each during the growing season.
- New Plantings – Mix 1 tbsp. per gallon of soil and mix thoroughly or add 1-2 lbs. per cubic yard.
- Established Plants – Lightly mix 1-2 tsps. per gallon into the soil surface every other month during the growing season.
Trees & Shrubs –
- Established Trees – Spread ½-1 lb. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line, mix into soil surface and water in well.
- For new trees, prepare transplant hole and mix ¼-½ cup with the backfill soil. Use amended soil to fill in around the new tree and water in well.
Cannot Be Shipped To: IA,IN,NC,ND,PR,SC,WV,WY
Warning & Toxicities: Use of a dust mask is recommended for application of any dry fertilizer product.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
- 10.8% Water Soluble Magnesium
Derived from Sulfate of Potash-Magnesia
OMRI listed under Crop Fertilizers and Soil Amendments.
CDFA Registered Organic Input Material.