Spraying for ants is only marginally effective. Once the pesticide has been detected by the surviving members of the ant colony, they will simply avoid the sprayed area and move operations elsewhere. In order to deal a fatal blow to the ant population, you need to get the pesticide into the colony and right to the queen. This sweet bait will do just that. It works slowly enough that the foraging worker ants are unaware of its danger and will take it home and share it with their queen and the other ants. Before long, the queen will be dead and the colony eliminated.
- Effective on common household "sweet-eating" ants.
- Spread a number of bait traps over a large area for maximum effectiveness.
- Bait liquid is made from the naturally occurring mineral powder Borax.
- EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) registered for indoor and outdoor use.
- Instructions in English and Spanish.
Create a full Ant Control Plan with solutions for home and yard.
Shop All PF Harris Products here.
Suggested Uses: Use to attract and kill all common household ants.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Use to bait and kill the following common household ants: Acrobat ants, Argentine ants, big-headed ants, cornfield ants, crazy ants, ghost ants, little black ants, odorous house ants, pavement ants, white-footed ants and other sweet-eating ants (except Pharoah, Carpenter, Fire and Harvester ants).
Before placing out bait trays, remove all food sources so that the primary food source for the ants will be the bait. Place traps where ants have been seen and, for best results, place several out at a time.
- Remove bottle from packaging, unscrew cap and remove foil seal.
- Pour a few drops of liquid ant killer inside the bait tray and place where ants are seen.
- The use of several bait trays is recommended for optimal success.
- Place stations in areas accessible to insects but inaccessible to children and pets.
- Inspect bait tray placement and re-apply liquid ant killer as needed.
- Do not use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
- Use of this product for the control of bedbugs is prohibited.
- Applications to carpets is prohibited.
- Do not contaminate this product with other pesticides. If this product becomes contaminated with another pesticide, it will lose its effectiveness.
- Do not apply directly to food and do not contaminate feed and foodstuff.
- Do not treat pets with this product.
Environment: For use in and around (but not limited to): Apartments, boats, cafeterias, commercial and cruise ships, dairies, food processing plants, garages, grocery stores, homes, hospitals, hotels, institutional buildings, kennels, military bases, military ships, mills, mobile homes, motels, nursing homes, pet stores, public and private institutions, restaurants, schools, storage areas, supermarkets, theaters, vending machines, warehouses and zoos.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a cool, dry place. Do not store where children or animals may gain access.
What's In The Package: Contains 9 bait trays and one 3-oz. liquid bait.
Warning & Toxicities:
Do not mix or allow contact with an oxidizing agent. Hazardous chemical reaction may occur.
Place bait in areas inaccessible to children and pets.
Environmental Hazards:Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high-water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwaters or rinsate.