Derived from limestone, organic DTE Garden Lime is a quick and efficient way to raise soil pH (sweeten the soil) for optimal plant performance. This product is made from natural limestone that is ground into an ultrafine powder and then formed into uniform tiny granules. This process, known as prilling, creates granules that make the lime fast-acting and easy to spread. DTE Garden Lime also provides calcium, an essential plant nutrient which provides structural support for plant cell walls and activates metabolic enzymes.
- Improves plant growth and heightens fertilizer performance
- Works to help boost Calcium (Ca)
- OMRI listed and CDFA registered
- Can be used on lawns, vegetable gardens, flower beds, trees and shrubs
If you would like a lime that supplies both Calcium (Ca) and Magnesium (Mg), try DTE Dolomite Lime.
Shop All Down to Earth products here.
2 cups ≈ 1 lb.
5 lb. box ≈ 10 cups
|TO ADJUST SOIL pH
||Apply per 100 sq. ft.
||3 lbs. (6 cups)
||5 lbs. (10 cups)
||10 lbs. (20 cups)
Most gardens prefer a soil pH between 6.0 and 7.0. Performing a complete soil analysis or using a soil pH home test kit before application is recommended. If you do not know your soil pH, use the recommended application rates below.
- In early spring and fall, apply 2½-5 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. and water in well.
- Results may be enhanced if applied following aeration.
Vegetable Gardens & Flower Beds:
- To prepare new gardens, apply 1-1½ lbs. per 100 sq. ft. by evenly distributing over soil surface by hand or spreader.
- For soil pH maintenance, test and apply seasonally as needed.
Trees & Shrubs:
Spread ½-1 lb. per 1" of trunk diameter around the base outwards to the drip line and water in well.
|SIEVE ANALYSIS (before prilling)
|Passing a 100 Mesh Sieve
|Passing a 40 Mesh Sieve
|Passing a 20 Mesh Sieve
|Passing a 10 Mesh Sieve
|Oregon Lime Score
Cannot Be Shipped To: AL,AK,AR,CT,DE,FL,GA,IA,IL,IN,KS,LA,MA,MD,MN,MS,MO,NC,ND,NE,NJ,OH,OK,PA,PR,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX
Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3).......................86.0%
Calcium Carbonate Equivalent (CCE)..........90.0%
Derived from Limestone
ALSO CONTAINS NON-PLANT FOOD INGREDIENT:
Moisture content does not exceed 1.0%