Flowable Liquid Copper Fungicide with Low-Load Copper Soap
Fixed copper has long been coveted as an excellent broad spectrum fungicide and bactericide. Cueva brings this age-old ingredient up to date with this patented flowable liquid formulation. Organic Cueva combines a soluble copper fertilizer with a fatty acid to create a true soap. The fatty acid basis of this formula works two ways: to help the active ingredient of copper get into the fungal or bacterial cells and by helping spread the material across plant surfaces. Once the copper itself is in the pathogenic cells, it will denature the cells and cause fatal cell leakage. As Cueva moves across the plants and into the cells, it helps protect the plants from potential or further damage by creating a hostile environment for infection or re-infection.
- For this product to achieve optimal performance, it should be on the leaf or fruit before an infection occurs.
- Controls diseases that go dormant and overwinter, like Peach Leaf Curl.
- 4-hour REI (Restricted Entry Interval) and 0-day PHI (Pre-Harvest Interval)
- Approved for use on Hemp in the state of Colorado.
- OMRI listed under Crop Pest, Weed and Disease Control and NOP compliant.
Intended for commercial use only to be applied to control fungal and bacterial diseases on a broad range of crops.
Shop all Certis Biologicals products here.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Alternaria Blight, Anthracnose, Ascochyta Leaf and Pod Spot, Bacterial Blast, Bacterial Cankers, Bacterial Speck, Bacterial Spots/Rots, Black Knot (on plums), Black Pitting, Black Pod, Blights, Blue Mold, Blotch, Botryosphaeria Panicle, Botrytis/Grey Mold, Brown Mold, Brown Rot, Citrus Canker, Coffee Berry Disease, Downy Mildew, Fire Blight, Flyspeck, Fruit Spot, Jacket Rot, Leaf Smut, Leaf Spots, Olive Knot, Pink Disease, Peach Leaf Curl, Phomopsis, Potato Brown Rot, Powdery Mildew, Pseudomonas, Rhizoctonia, Rose Bloom, Rusts, Scab, Sigatoka (black and yellow), Sooty Mold, Stewart's Wilt and White Mold.
Vegetables, Field-Grown Herbs & Crops, Nuts, Fruits, Citrus & Berries:
- Mix 0.5-2.0 gals/30-100 gals of water and apply to one acre. For application by aircraft, apply 5-40 gals of diluted spray to one acre. Use the higher rate following heavy rain, when disease pressure is increasing rapidly or to control diseases that may go dormant and overwinter.
- Begin treatment when disease first appears and reapply at 7-10 day intervals. This schedule may vary somewhat according to crop specific application needs; these can be found in the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab.
- If possible, time applications so that 12 hours of dry weather follow applications.
Tank Mixing Instructions:
- Pour into spray tank at least half filled with water using adequate agitation.
- When mixed with other products proven or known to be compatible, wettable powders should be added first, followed in order by flowables (such as Cueva) and then emulsifiable concentrates.
- Use caution and read all labels thoroughly when mixing with chelated or liquid fertilizers or other fungicides and insecticides. Please see manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for a list of products that can be mixed with Cueva.
- Apply this product only through sprinkler systems, including center pivot, lateral move, end tow, side (wheel) roll, traveler, bug gun, solid set or hand move. Do not apply this product through any other type of irrigation system.
- Crop injury, loss of effectiveness, or illegal pesticide residues in the crop can result from non-uniform distribution of treated water.
- Please see manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for more detailed Chemigation instructions.
Usage Notes: Most conventional liquid pesticide plant sprayers can be used to apply Cueva. A spreader may be used to improve the spreading on hard-to-wet plants. Do not apply when wind speed favors drift beyond the area intended. May cause some copper toxicity on some plant species.
- Fruit and Nut Crops: Almonds, Avocados, Bananas/Plantains, Blueberries, Cacao, Caneberries (Blackberries, Raspberries), Citrus, Coffee, Cranberries, Currants, Filberts (WA & OR only), Gooseberries, Grapes, Guavas, Kiwi, Lychee, Macadamia, Mangos, Mamey Sapote, Olives, Papayas, Passion Fruit, Pecans, Pome Fruits, Starfruit, Stone Fruits, Strawberries, Sugar Apple (Annona)and Walnuts.
- Herbs and Field-Grown Vegetables: Alfalfa, Artichokes, Basil, Beans, Beets, Carrots, Celery and Celeriac, Chicory, Chives, Cereal Grains (Wheat, Oats, Barley), Coriander, Corn, Crucifer Crops (Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Chinese Cabbage, Collard Greens, Endive, Kale, Kohlrabi, Mustard Greens, Turnip Greens), Cururbits (Canataloupe, Cucumbers, Melons, Squash, Pumpkin, Zucchini, Watermelon), Dill, Eggplant, Garlic, Ginseng, Hops, Lavender, Leek, Lettuce, Mint, Okra, Onions, Parsley, Peanuts, Peppers, Potatoes, Rosemary, Shallots, Soybeans (not registered for use on soybeans in CA), Tomatoes, Tobacco and Watercress.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in a secure place, away from open fire or flame. Keep container closed and reseal after use. Product may be damaged by freezing. Do not store product below 39.2°F (4°C). If spilled, use absorbent material and dispose of in an approved manner.
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Hazards to humans and domestic animals. Harmful if swallowed or absorbed through the skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Environmental Hazards: This product is toxic to fish and aquatic organisms and may contaminate water through runoff. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water by disposal of equipment washwaters or rinsate. This product may contaminate water through runoff. Poorly draining soils with shallow water tables are more prone to produce runoff that contains this product. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
10%..........Copper Octanoate (Copper Soap)
Metallic copper equivalent – 1.8% (0.16 lbs./gallon)