Back in 1892, on the grounds of an abandoned rum distillery on a Caribbean island, a soil sample was collected. In this soil they found a unique bacterium with insecticidal qualities that Spinosad would later be extracted from. Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew Dust uses Spinosad's insecticidal properties to provide lasting control within your garden. Spinosad works on the insect's nervous system, causing paralysis and then death in 1-2 days. Affected insects may stay on the plants for 2-3 days following application; however, they will have stopped feeding or may already be dead. Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew is meant to be used for control of the listed insects and has limited impact on beneficial insects.
This dust formulation is ready to use; simply apply to where you need it most. In addition to this easy-to-apply dust, we offer liquid formulations of Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew:
- Two sizes of a concentrate: 16 oz. and 32 oz.
- A 32 oz. Ready-to-Use (RTU) spray
- A 32 oz. Ready-to-Spray (RTS); ready to attach to a hose for spraying
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Bagworms (Psychidae), Borers, Beetles (Coleoptera), Japanese Beetles (Popillia japonica), Gypsy Moth (Lymantria dispar dispar), Loopers, Caterpillars (Lepidoptera), Codling Moth (Cydia pomonella), Leafminers, Spider Mites (Tetranychidae), Tent Caterpillars (Malacosoma americanum), Thrips (Thysanoptera) and more.
Apply when listed pests are present. Apply when wind is very light or absent (usually in the early morning or evening) to prevent drift and loss of product to adjacent areas. A thorough and complete application (a thin, uniform film) to both the tops and undersides of leaves is critical to success.
- Shake to fluff powder. This is a dust applicator.
- Shake over plants to be treated or crush the sides of the canister in and rapidly squeeze and release in order to get a bellows effect.
- Do not make overhead applications with this product container. For tall (greater than 6 ft.ht.), mature trees use Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew™ Concentrate with a sprayer.
- Follow instructions on label for details on treating and re-application on specific plant varieties.
- For outdoor residential use only.
- Not for use on plants being grown for sale or other commercial use, or for commercial seed product or research purposes
- For use on fruiting vegetables (tomato, pepper, okra, eggplant), cucrbits (cantaloupe and honeydew), cole crops (Brassica), leafy vegetables (lettuce, spinach, celery), tuberous vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, Jerusalem artichokes, Chinese artichokes, cassava), stone fruits (peaches, plums, cherries, nectarines, prunes, apricots), apple and other pome fruits (pears, cranapples, mayhaw, quince), bushberries and cranberries (blackberry, blueberry, raspberry).
Environment: For outdoor residential use only including use on lawns, gardens and ornamentals.
Application Rate: One pound will cover approximately 1,000 sq. ft.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in original container only in secure or locked storage area.
Cannot Be Shipped To: AK,DC,HI
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children.
In the state of Georgia do not apply this product to Broccoli Rabe, Chinese Cabbage (Bok Choy), collards, kale, mustard greens, mustard spinach and rape greens.
This product is toxic to bees for 3 hours following treatment. Do not apply this pesticide to blooming, pollen-shedding or nectar-producing parts of plants if bees may forage on the plants during this time period.
This product is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid runoff to water bodies or drainage systems.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
0.001%..........Spinosad (a mixture of spinosyn A and spinosyn D)