This oustanding fungicide uses the power of Geraniol, a natural geranium oil plant extract, to control common mildews in plants. BANISH works in a two-fold process to prevent mildew growth and heal plants from the cell up. Mildews first appear as spores at the plant surface; from there they send out tubes that grow and feed off the host plant's nutrients. The Geraniol in BANISH works by creating an unbalance of potassium (K+) ions in the mycelium. This unbalance inhibits spore germination and mycelium growth and will, ultimately, enter the pathogen cell and kill it. The result is a healthier, pathogen-free plant.
BANISH is effective against the following plant diseases:
- Podosphaera fusca, the powdery mildew found on cucumbers, melons (including watermelons) and squashes (including pumpkins).
- Erysiphe nector (Uncinula necator), the powdery mildew endemic to grapes.
- Podospheara leucotricha, the powdery mildew that affects both apples and pears.
- Podospheara aphanis, the powdery mildew commonly found on blackberries, raspberries and roses.
- Oidium lycopersicum, the powdery mildew to which tomatoes are susceptible.
is thoughtfully manufactured to provide superior results. The oils are naturally sourced and carefully harvested then cold-pressed for extraction to preserve their purity; no heat or chemical solvents are used. This pure oil is then micronized and amplified in a patented process that offers superior spreadability over the treated area, deeper penetration into pathogens and faster absorption for quick control.
Suggested Uses: For use on all types of plants as a foliar spray to control powdery and downy mildews.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Downy Mildew and Powdery Mildews including Podosphaera fusca, Erysiphe nector (Uncinula necator), Podospheara leucotricha, Podospheara aphanis and Oidium lycopersicum.
For use only as a foliar spray. Simply dilute concentrate in water for a ready to use solution. For optimum results, shake and mix vigorously, apply during early morning or after peak sunlight and before sundown.
- Do not use in direct sunlight or intense artificial lighting.
- Spray directly on infested foliage. Apply until all foliage is evenly covered.
- Apply to infested area every 5-7 days until infestation is controlled.
- Apply every 10-14 days to prevent mildew outbreaks.
The mix rate for BANISH concentrate is 0.13 fl. oz. (3/4 tsp.) or 3.8 mL per gallon of water (see "Application Rates" for more details). Add concentrate to water. Shake and mix vigorously.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage and disposal. Store in a cool, dry area under lock and key. Post as a pesticide storage area. Always store pesticides in the original container. Store away from food, pet food, feed, seed, fertilizers and veterinary supplies. Place liquid formulations on lower shelves and dry formulations above.
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. For terrestrial uses only. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
* Water (CAS#7732-18-5), Isopropyl Alcohol (CAS#67-63-0)