AzaGuard is an indoor/outdoor, OMRI Listed botanical insecticide/nematicide that controls and repels over 300 insect species across a wide range of ornamental, forestry and food and non-food crops. azadirachtin, extracted from the neem tree, is the active ingredient here. Insects are repelled by the taste and smell neem, but Azadirachtin also works as a molting/growth disruptor. This insect growth regulator (IGR) disrupts the life cycle between larval, pupal and nymphal stages by impeding the metabolism of ecdysone. Ecdysone is necessary for molting, without which the insect cannot mature into its next growth stage and will, ultimately, die. AzaGuard offers these repellent and control properties in an earth-friendly formula that meets all the requirements of the National Organic Program (NOP) and is not harmful to people, pets or wildlife (when used as directed).
- Outdoor Crops: Use 8-21 fl. oz. per acre.
- Indoor Crops: Use 8-16 fl. oz. per 100 gallons
- Turfgrass: 8-21 fl. oz. per acre.
Please see Product Label
under the "MSDS" tab for complete use instructions and application rates.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Aphids (Mult.), armyworms (Spodoptera frugiperda), Beetles (Coleoptera sp), budworms (Choristoneura sp), cutworms (Agrotis sp), Fungus Gnats (Bradysia impatiens), houseflies (Musca domestica), Leafhoppers (Cicadellidae sp), Leafminers (Agromyzid sp), loopers (Trichoplusia sp), leafrollers (Tortricidae sp) and other Caterpillars, Mealybugs (Pseudococcus sp), mushroom flies/sciarid flies (Amanita muscaria), sawflies (Hymenoptera sp), scale (Coccoidea sp), Thrips (Franklinothrips sp), webworms (Hyphantria sp), Weevils (Curculionidae sp), Whiteflies (Hemiptera sp) and Plant Parasitic Nematodes such as burrowing (Radopholus similis), dagger (Xiphinema americanum), golden (Globodera rostochiensis) nematodes, and various Root Knot Nematodes (Meliodogyne sp).
Spray when pests first appear and repeat at 5-7 day interval as required.
- AzaGuard is exempt from tolerances and may be applied as directed to any food or non-food crop up to and including the day of harvest at a rate not exceeding 22.5 fl. oz. (20 grams active ingredient) per acre per application.
- To apply AzaGuard, select a suitable power or pump pressure sprayer or a hand held trigger type sprayer that will deliver a fine mist to cover all leaf and fruit surfaces.
- To get complete coverage on waxy or pubescent plant surfaces, the addition of a small amount of a suitable sticker agent added to the spray mix at the recommended rate may give better foliage coverage and insect control.
- Shake well before mixing. Always use this product promptly after mixing with water. AzaGuard will break down in the spray solution if not used within 8 hours.
- Do not enter or allow entry into treated areas during the restricted entry interval (REI) of 4 hours.
- Do not apply through any irrigation system unless the chemigation instructions on the label are followed.
- Do not apply this product in a way that will contact workers or other persons, either directly or through drift.
Environment: For commercial and industrial areas such as field grown crops, greenhouses, shadehouses, interiorscapes, mushroom houses, golf courses, athletic fields, nurseries, campsites, cemeteries, fuel storage areas, grassland, uncultivated or fallow farmland, pastures, fence rows, sheds, soil banks, vegetative barriers and fences and more.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in original container in a cool, well-vented area, away from direct sunlight. Do not allow product to become overheated in storage. This may cause increased degradation of the product, which will decrease product effectiveness. In case of spill, flood area with large quantities of water.
Warning & Toxicities: Harmful if inhaled or absorbed through skin. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Avoid breathing spray mist. Remove contaminated clothing and wash clothing after use.
This pesticide is toxic to birds and aquatic invertebrates. For terrestrial uses do not apply directly to water or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate. Do not apply when weather conditions favor drift from treatment areas. Runoff from treated area may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in neighboring areas.
Shelf Life: 1+ year when stored correctly.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Write a review
good - so far, but unnecessarily expensive
Jun 11, 2018 | By Sally Watson