Ladybugs are one of the most widely used beneficial insects for controlling pests on everything you grow! Excellent aphid predators, they will also feed on chinch bugs, asparagus beetle larvae, thrips, alfalfa weevils, bean thrips, grape root worms, Colorado potato beetle larvae, whitefly, mites and many other soft-bodied insects and eggs that reside above the soil. A cost effective alternative to other treatments, the easy-to-release ladybug has a great reputation as a generalist predator. When temperatures exceed 90° Green Lacewing are a great alternative general predator.
- Ladybugs are shipped to you in the adult stage.
- Each adult consumes about 5,000 aphids.
- Within 8 to 10 days of release, each female ladybug lays 10-50 eggs daily on the underside of leaves.
- In 2-5 days the larvae emerge as dark alligator-like flightless creatures with orange spots.
- The larvae eat 50-60 aphids per day.
GIVE LIVE LADYBUGS AS A GIFT! Ladybugs make any occasion more memorable. Releasing ladybugs is a great way to add some unique fun to weddings, birthday parties, graduations and many other joyous occasions!When will my order ship?
Online orders can take 24 - 48 hours to process. Online orders are not processed after 1 PM on Saturdays, or on Sundays and holidays.Orders ship Monday through Wednesday - only.Orders processed Monday or Tuesday will ship the following day.Orders processed Wednesday or Thursday will ship the following Monday.Orders processed after 9:00 AM Arizona time on Friday will ship the following Tuesday. Ladybugs ship UPS 2nd Day Air only.
If you are purchasing ladybugs for a special event or occasion, please call us to determine the best ship date for on-time delivery.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
This product works as a beneficial insect for control of the following: Alfalfa Weevil (Hypera postica Gyllenhal), Aphids (Mult), Armyworm (Pseudaletia unipuncta), Asparagus Beetles (Crioceris asparagi (common); Crioceris duodecimpunctata (spotted)), Bean Beetles - Mexican Bean Beetle (Epilachna varivestis Mulsant), Bean Thrips (Caliothrips fasciatus), Beet Armyworm (Spodoptera exigua (Hubner)), Beet Leafhopper (Circulifer tenellus), Black Scale (Saissetia oleae), Brown Almond Mite (Bryobia rubrioculus), California Laurel Aphid (Euthoracaphis umbellulariae), Caterpillar Eggs (Mult), Citrus Red Scale (aka California Red Scale) (Aonidiella aurantii), Citrus Yellow Scale (aka California Yellow Scale) (Aonidiella citrina), Coconut Mealybug (Nipaecoccus nipae), Grape Leafhopper (Erythroneura elegantula), Greenhouse whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum), Leafhopper (Circulifer tenellus), Leafhopper (Empoasca sp), Mealybug (Planococcus citri), Mealybug (Pseudococcus sp), Mexican Bean Beetle (Epilachna varivestis Mulsant), Mites (Tetranychus sp), Potato Leafhopper (Empoasca fabae), Potato Leafhopper; Bean Jassid (Empoasca fabae), Scale (Mult.), Silverleaf whitefly (Bemisia sp), Spider Mite (Mult), Sweet Potato Whitefly (Bemisia tabaci), Sweetpotato Whitefly (Bemisia sp), Thrips (Franklinothrips sp), Two-Spotted Spider Mite (Tetranychus urticae)
- When releasing outdoors make sure that there is shade for the ladybugs.
- Try to release in the evening so that they have some time to adapt to your location.
- Give your plants a light misting of water before the release.
- The ladybugs may become dehydrated during travel.
- The moisture will also help to attract and retain the ladybugs.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Orchards & Vineyards, Nursery, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, Pond & Environment, Interiorscapes, Container Plants
All quantities are approximate.
- 4,500 for up to 2,500 square feet.
- 9,000 for up to 5,000 square feet.
- 18,000 for up to 10,000 square feet.
- 35,000 for up to 1/2 acre.
- 70,000 for up to 1 acre.
Extra ladybugs are shipped with each order to account for mortality.
Storage: Mist beetles with water immediately upon delivery; let water dry and place in refrigerator for one week. Or, release immediately. 60 - 88°F
Ladybugs ship via UPS 2nd Day Air.
When will my order ship?
- Online orders can take 24 - 48 hours to process. Online orders are not processed after 1 PM on Saturdays, on Sundays or on holidays.
- Orders ship Monday through Wednesday - only.
- Orders processed Monday or Tuesday will ship the following day.
- Orders processed Wednesday or Thursday will ship the following Monday.
- Orders processed after 9:00 AM Arizona time on Friday will ship the following Tuesday.
Cannot Be Shipped To: HI, PR, VI, GU, AS, PW
Shelf Life: 1 week refrigerated (35-45°F)