Double your chances for success against insect pests with this powerful combination of pyrethrins and Beauveria bassiana Strain GHA. This potent biorational formulation provides a quick knock-down of insect and mite pests. The active ingredients work independently, yet in harmony, to provide multiple mechanisms to kill harmful insects. The pyrethrins will attack the nerve cells of the insect and the Beauveria bassiana Strain GHA fungal spores penetrate an insect's protective cuticle and destroy it from within.
BotaniGard MAXX makes an exemplary rotation partner with other formulations of BotaniGard, but is also compatible with many other insecticides and fungicides. For best results, use as soon as insect pests are spotted, before their population becomes too large. Results can generally be seen within 2-5 days after the first spray. Do not reapply within 3 days, unless the infestation is extreme. If this is the case, wait 24 hours for reapplication. You can spray up until the day of harvest, with a 12 hour restricted entry interval (REI).
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
This product works as a knockdown control for the following: Leafhopper (Empoasca sp)
This product works as a biological control for the following: Alfalfa Weevil (Hypera postica Gyllenhal), Aphids (Mult), Bean Leaf Beetle (Cerotoma trifurcata), Beet Leafhopper (Circulifer tenellus), Black Vine Weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus), Cabbage Looper (Trichoplusia ni), Cabbage Worm (Pieris rapae), California Laurel Aphid (Euthoracaphis umbellulariae), Cane Borer (Mult), Chinch Bug (3 different species within the Lygaeidae family), Colorado Potato Beetle (Leptinotarsa decemlineata), Corn Borer (aka European Corn Borer) (Ostrinia nubilalis), Corn Borer (aka Southwestern Corn Borer) (Diatraea grandiosella), Cucumber Beetle (Spotted) (Diabrotica undecimpunctata howardi), Cucumber Beetle (Striped) (Acalymma vittatum), Diamondback Moth (Plutella xylostella), European Chafer (Rhizotrogus majalis), European Corn Borer (aka Corn Borer) (Ostrinia nubilalis), Flea Beetle (Chaetocnema confines), Grape Leafhopper (Erythroneura elegantula), Grasshopper (Gryllus), Greenhouse whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum), Grubs (Mult), Harlequin Bugs (Murgantia histrionica), June Bugs (Phyllophaga sp.), Lace Bugs (Corythucha sp), Leafhopper (Circulifer tenellus), Mealybug (Pseudococcus sp), Mole Crickets (Scapteriscus sp), Pecan weevil (Pecan weevil), Potato Leafhopper (Empoasca fabae), Potato Leafhopper; Bean Jassid (Empoasca fabae), Psyllids (Mult), Root Weevil (Otiorhynchus sp.), Silverleaf whitefly (Bemisia sp), Strawberry Root Weevil (Otiorhynchus ovatus), Sweet Potato Whitefly (Bemisia tabaci), Tarnished Plant Bug (Lygus lineolaris), Thrips (Franklinothrips sp), Weevils (Mult), White Grubs (Cyclocephala sp.)
Not to be used indoors except in greenhouses.
Environment: For us on field, agronomic, vegetable and orchard crops; ornamentals, indoor/outdoor nurseries, greenhouses, shadehouses, improved pastures, commercial landscaping, interiorscapes, turf and forestry. BotaniGard Maxx is not recommended to be used in hydroponic systems for control of root aphids as applications must be made more frequently due to spore viability issues in aqueous environments. For more information, please refer to Bioworks' publication Controlling Root Aphids with BotaniGard or call us at 1-800-827-2847.
- Apply at a rate of up to 2 quarts of BotaniGard MAXX per 100 gallons of spray volume.
- Mix well by external mixing, in-tank mixing or pump circulation to form an emulsion.
- Most target insects can be controlled at a rate of 1 quart per 100 gallons of water, ½ quart per 50 gallons of water or 1 pint per 25 gallons of water.
- See Product Specifications sheet for detailed instructions on controlling specific targeted pests.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place between 40°F and 85°F. BotaniGard MAXX's stability decreases with time at temperatures above 85°F. Tightly close the container after use. Do not contaminate unused product with water. Nonrefillable container. Do not reuse or refill the container. Triple rinse container (or equivalent) promptly after emptying.
BotaniGard Maxx ships via UPS Ground & FedEx Ground only.
Warning & Toxicities:
Keep out of the reach of children. Contains Petroleum Distillate. Causes substantial but temporary eye injury. Harmful if absorbed through skin or swallowed. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wear protective eyewear (goggles, face shield or safety glasses). Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, and chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wear long sleeved shirt and long pants, socks, shoes and gloves. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
- This pesticide is toxic to aquatic organisms, including fish and invertebrates. Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. This product has a potential for runoff for several weeks after application. Poorly draining soils and soils with shallow water tables are more prone to produce runoff that contains this product.
- This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds while bees are foraging in the treatment area.
- Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash-waters or rinsate.
Shelf Life: 12 months from date of manufacture when stored properly in original container.
0.06%.....Beauveria bassiana Strain GHA*
Contains 0.055 lbs of pyrethrins per gallon.
* Contains not less than 1x108 viable spores per mL.
** Contains petroleum distillate.