Zonix is an innovative biofungicide used for the prevention and control of plant pathogenic fungi. It targets and kills on contact the zoospores that cause fungal disease. Zonix is powered by rhamnolipid technology. These rhamnolipids are glycolipids sourced from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Rhamnolipids are potent biofungicides, but they are also valuable as the active ingredient in specialty additives and biosurfactants. Using rhamnolipids in these types of products allows the plant to respond to threats from plant pathogens and poor nutrition in a healthy and natural way. The versatility and efficacy of rhamnolipids allow Zonix to work in multiple ways:
As A Biofungicide - It kills on contact, by causing the rupture of zoosporic fungi cell membranes. This mode of action does not allow for chemical resistance, a common problem in many non-natural products.
For Plant Health - A plant that is under stress from poor nutrition is more susceptible to disease. Rhamnolipids are produced by soil bacteria in the root zone and work there as chelators. As such, they move minerals and micronutrients such as zinc, copper, iron, or magnesium to the root surface by absorption. In addition, the presence of rhamnolipid can trigger an immune response in plants as a response to the presence of pathogens.
As A Biosurfactant - Rhamnolipids function as natural wetting agents, like commercial spreaders, stickers and insecticidal soaps. They can lower surface tension, ease penetration of water fertilizer into the root zone, and smoothly integrate two dissimilar products to provide an even coating of applied liquids. Rhamnolipids are especially desirable in foliar spray applications when thorough coverage without increased phytotoxicity is crucial.
- Recommended for Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programs
- Exempt from EPA residue limits
- Effective against resistant pathogen strains
- 0-day PHI (Pre-Harvest Interval) and 4-hr REI (Restricted Entry Interval)
- Especially suited for tank mixes due to its biosurfactant properties
- Very low phytotoxicity
- For organic and conventional growing
Also known as the brand names: Dionysus, blinix, bli-nix and treevent.
Can be used on the bulbs, cuttings, foliage, fruit, roots, seeds, seedlings and transplants of the following crops: Bedding Plants, Berries, Citrus Fruit, Cucurbit Vegetables, Flowers, Fruit and Nut Trees, Fruiting Vegetables, Grains (including Forage, Fiber and Oil Crops), Ginseng, Herbs, Leafy Vegetables, Legumes, Mushrooms, Ornamentals, Root Crops (including Bulb, Tuber and Cane Crops),Tobacco, Turf Grass, Vine Crops and more. Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for a more detailed list.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Botrytis spp., Powdery Mildew, and any zoosporic plant pathogenic microorganisms including the following genera: Achlya, Albugo, Aphanomyces, Basidiophora, Olpidium, Pachymetra, Peronophthora, Peronosclerospora, Physoderma, Phytophthora, Plasmodiophora, Plasmopara, Polymyxa, Pseudoperonospora, Pythium, Rhizophydium, Sclerophthora, Sclerospora, Spongospora, Synchytrium, and Trachysphaera.
Zonix can be applied via soil or foliar spray, chemigation, drench, mist or fog. Thorough coverage of all plant surfaces to the point of wetting or run-off is required. When applying to soil or growing media, saturation is required.
Do not use Zonix for the control or prevention of late blight (Phytophthora spp.) when ambient temperatures are over 80°F. At above 80°F that organism moves out of the zoospore stage and the product will not be efficacious.
MIXING DIRECTIONS: Use 0.5 - 0.8 ounces of Zonix per gallon of water.
- Apply at a concentration of 300 to 1000 ppm (refer to the Dilution Table on the manufacturer's label for detailed information).
- Make applications in the early stages of plant growth for initial control.
- Reapply at 5-day intervals or as needed throughout the growing season for preventative control.
- Early treatment prevents diseases from developing. To assure control, make applications at the time that conditions are best for occurrence of zoospores and resultant disease.
COMPATIBILITY AND PHYTOTOXICITY:
- Although Zonix is believed to be compatible with most commonly used pesticides, it is always advisable to conduct a spray compatibility test when you plan to mix this product with other products. To determine the physical compatibility of this product with other products, use a jar test.
- Zonix has been evaluated for phytotoxicity on a variety of crops under various normal growing conditions. However, testing all crop varieties, in all mixtures and combinations is not feasible. Prior to treating entire crop, test a small portion of the crop for sensitivity.
Please refer to the manufacturer's label under the DOCS tab for more extensive instructions including those for specific application methods.
Environment: Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean highwater mark. Do not contaminate water when cleaning equipment or disposing of equipment washwaters. Exposed treated seed may be hazardous to birds and other wildlife. Dispose of all excess treated seed by burial away from streams and bodies of water.
Storage: Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal. Store in original container, in a dry, cool place out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources. Keep from overheating or freezing.
Warning & Toxicities: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Danger: Corrosive. Causes irreversible eye damage. Do not get in eyes or on clothing. Wear goggles or face shield. After product is diluted in accordance with the directions for use, product causes moderate eye irritation. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling. Remove and wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis:
Rhamnolipid Biosurfactant* .................................................. 8.50%
OTHER INGREDIENTS: ...................................................... 91.50%
TOTAL: .............................................................................. 100.00%
*Contains a minimum of 11.30 fl. oz. of rhamnolipid biosurfactant per gallon.
Source organism: Pseudomonas aeruginosa.