Many people consider Yellow Jackets and Wasps dangerous nuisances in their yards and gardens. However, they are actually very beneficial as efficient predators for plant-eating insects, such as caterpillars, and nuisance insects like spiders and flies. For this reason, we recommend only trapping Yellow Jackets and Wasps when human or pet health is at risk.
This bright, re-usable trap employs two effective mechanisms to trap and eliminate Yellow Jackets, Wasps and Hornets – a powerful lure and a unique UV dye. This special yellow color of the trap combined with the lure creates an almost irresistible draw for the insects. This trap also has side entry holes that are just the right size and shape to make entry easy but escape difficult. This easy-to-use trap can be hung in a tree (or elsewhere) or placed on the ground. When placing this trap, remember that it is designed to attract large numbers of insects, so be sure keep it away from where people and pets gather. This trap is not recommended for indoor use and the jar should not be washed in the dishwasher. Proudly made in the USA.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases: Use to trap and kill Yellow Jackets (Vespula spp.), Wasps (Vespula spp.) and Hornets (Vespa spp.).
Yellow Jacket Trap Slim Instructions
Not recommended for indoor use.
- Fill jar ½ full with sugar water, apple juice or other non-citrus juice.
- Add 2 drops of dish soap and contents of bait packet.
- To increase catches, add a dime size portion of protein bait like fish, cat food, hot dog or hamburger meat.
- Knot one end of twist-tie hanger and slide through hole in the lid. Hang the trap securely away from food areas and out of the reach of children and pests.
- Traps can be placed on the ground.
- Rinse and re-bait trap when it's full of insects or every 2-3 weeks. Do not place in jar in dishwasher to clean.
- Traps work best in warmer weather.
Suggested Uses: For outdoor use to catch and kill yellow jackets, wasps and hornets.
Environment: Outdoors, Crops, Greenhouse, Grow Room, Household Use
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place
What's In The Package: Package contains 1 plastic jar trap, 1 twist-tie hanger and 1 packet of bait/lure.
Warning & Toxicities: Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Shelf Life: NA
Active Ingredients/Guaranteed Analysis: Phermone Attractant