BONIDE Weed Beater Fe uses the power of iron (Fe) to control many broadleaf weeds, some plant diseases, moss, lichens and algae in your lawn without killing the grass! The iron in this product will kill the targeted plant right down to the root within hours of application with no unpleasant odor. You will know it's working when you see that the treated moss, algae or weeds has turned black or brown. On occasion, some affected grass leaf blades may also darken slightly, but they will recover quickly (a few days to weeks). Likewise, the dead grass under your lawn (thatch) may become stained, but this will not harm your grass. People and pets can enjoy your lawn again just as soon as the spray has dried. You can feel free to re-seed in only 1 day and to apply to new grass in 1 week.
This Product Controls These Pests or Diseases:
Use to control or suppress weeds such as, but not limited to, the following - Black Medic (Medicago luplina), Broadleaf Plantain (Plantago major), Bull Thistle (Cirsium vulgare), Canada Thistle (Cirsium arvense), Common Chickweed (Stellaria media), Creeping Buttercup (Ranunculus repens), Creeping Charlie/Ground Ivy (Glechoma hederacea), Dandelion (Taraxicum officinale), Dovefoot Geranium (Geranium molle), English Daisy (Bellis perennis), False Dandelion (Hypochoeris radicata), Healall (Prunella vulgaris), Moss (Bryophyta), Liverworts (Marchantiophyta), Algae, Lichens, Narrow-leaved Plantain (Plantago lanceolate), Oxalis (Oxalis spp.), Persian Speedwell (Veronica persica), Prostrate Knotweed (Polygonum aviculare), Shepard's-purse (Capsella bursapastoris), Silverweed Cinquefoil (Potentilla anserinae), Slender Speedwell (Veronica filiformis), White Clover (Trifolium repens) and Wild Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla).
Also used to control/suppress diseases such as, but not limited to, the following - Dollar Spot (Sclerotinia homoeocarpa), Rust (Pucciniales) and Snow Mold (Michrodochium nivale).
- Shake well before using.
- Do not dilute. Product is ready to use.
- Thoroughly spray weeds.
- Use a coarse nozzle setting to reduce drift.
- Repeat treatment in 3-4 weeks for best results.
- Do not apply to drought-stressed grass; ensure entire lawn is well watered prior to application.
- Do not apply when the daytime temperature will exceed 85°F.
- Do not apply to bentgrass.
- If unsure of grass sensitivity, test spray a small area of your lawn.
- Do not apply to newly seeded areas prior to grass seed germination.
- Avoid spraying desirable plants. Any desirable plants (or structures) accidently contacted should be rinsed with water.
- To avoid staining, wait until treated areas dry before re-entry.
- Do not apply if rainfall is expected within 3 hours of application to avoid runoff.
- Do not irrigate within 3 hours of application.
- Do not apply to the same area more than 4 times a year, not including spot treatments.
Suggested Uses: Use to selectively control/suppress broadleaf weeds and diseases growing in lawns.
Storage: Store this product in its original container and keep in a secure storage area out of reach of children and domestic animals. Store unused material, tightly closed, in original container only away from open flame.
Warning & Toxicities: Hazards to humans and domestic animals - Keep out of reach of children. Causes slight eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum or using tobacco. Prolonged or frequently repeated skin contact may cause allergic reactions in some individuals.
Environmental Hazards: For terrestrial uses. Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate. To protect the environment, do not allow pesticide to enter or run off into storm drains, drainage ditches, gutters or surface waters. Applying this product in calm weather when rain is not predicted for the next 24 hours will help to ensure that wind or rain does not blow or wash pesticide off the treatment area. Rinsing application equipment over the treated area will help avoid run off to water bodies or drainage systems.
1.50%.....Iron HEDTA (FeHEDTA)